Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
English Inn(Esquimalt)
Surf Motel(Victoria)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeautiful hotelpool and hot tubthe west coast grillhigh ceilingsboat launchcoffee barhighly recommend this hotelfront desk staffhotel restaurantking roomwater viewsooke harbourrooms are largedowntown victoriavancouver islandbeautiful viewbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We recently stayed here over the August long weekend for our cousin's wedding. My husband and I have never been to Sooke and were very impressed with this beautiful hotel. It looks very contemporary from the outside with its grand white look. The entrance was beautiful. The service was wonderful upon check in and the room was great! We had a king room over looking the parking lot but it didn't matter as we were not in the room other than to sleep.
The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were great! Many times I find at hotels the pillows can be either too soft or too firm and these were awesome! We ate downstairs at the hotel restaurant and the food was amazing! We sat outside on the veranda which overlooked the water. I have to admit gorgeous view! I felt like we did when were in mexico! We also loved watching the sea lions in the marina! That was a real surprise to see!
The wedding venue was beautiful! They had a big covered sitting area which overlooked the water. They did a great job setting it up! The reception was in the ballroom downstairs and it was beautifully done! The room was a good size, perfect for all the guests!
Overall we were very impressed with this hotel! We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask to get a water view room! It costs more but definitely is worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lovesoccer75
PrestigeHotels, Marketing Coordinator at Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us for your cousin's wedding. I will pass your comments on to the team in Sooke. They will be happy to hear you had a memorable experience at the wedding. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Our stay at the Best Western Hotel in Sooke ended up being one of the best travel surprises our family has ever had. It was our intention to stay in Victoria, but when our daughter saw pictures come up of this property, she insisted we book it. Good call.

We had no idea how large Vancouver Island is. Sooke looked so close to Victoria on a map, but turns out it's a good 45 minutes away. That distance turned out to be ideal. I feel like we saw a part of Vancouver Island that many tourists don't see. Our goal when we travel is to always try to settle into an area and do our best to make ourselves "local." Sooke is a community that allows you to quickly feel local and makes outsiders feel welcome. The people are friendly and helpful. The scenery is amazing.

On to the hotel. From the outside, the hotel looked a little out of place with the surrounding area. It sits right next to the boat docks and I was afraid it was going to be a mistake staying here. But once we got inside, the lobby had beautiful dark hardwood floors, a book exchange, lovely hotel restaurant, sushi bar and business center. The rooms were large, quiet, very clean. There was a ceiling fan, A/C, high ceilings and very good beds.

Behind the hotel was a nice waterfront grass area which was nice to sit back and enjoy the sunset. The fact that the hotel was next to the dock was convenient for booking tours or fishing guides or even kaiaks. Really, the only semi complaint was that the indoor pool was small and sort of sterile.

Our family got exactly what we were looking for in a trip to Vancouver Island by staying in Sooke and the Best Western in Sooke is a nice hotel to absorb Victoria Island charm. It's a charming town with so much beauty that I know we'll be back at some point in our lives.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank utahfamilytravellers

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm happy to hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us in Sooke, thanks to your daughter of course! The sunsets are beautiful so I'm glad you were able to take that in during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you all back soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I love Vancouver Island and this is the first time staying in Sooke. For such a small town it sure has a big beautiful hotel. Very open lobby and nicely furnished. The rooms were a decent size, clean and well decorated. We travelled as a group of 22 people for my Grandfather's 90th birthday. His room was able to
accommodate him and his scooter on the main floor for those looking for wheelchair accessibility. He did find the doors rather heavy for him to push through but overall was able to maneuver most areas well. There are not a lot of restaurant options in the area but those that are there, including the hotel, were good. It is on the water with a dock but not really any direct beach access. But that's ok because there are so many parks and beaches to visit on the island anyway you wouldn't want to restrict yourself to just one. A little far out if you're wanting to spend much time I'm Victoria but it makes a nice day trip for a change of scenery if you have a few days there. Would definitely go back.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank formertravelagent

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you chose to celebrate your Grandfather's 90th birthday with us in Sooke and I'm happy to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

A bit more "upscale" price wise than we usually do, but that is probably due to location. Great, comfy beds, deep tub, great for bubble bath! Pool was very cloudy and per my kiddos, way too chlorinated. Did not try restaurant as we try to eat local. Would have hoped a continental breakfast would be offered at this price or in room coffee but the room only had a tea pot. Coffee bar with barista offers coffee and pastries for purchase. Nice courtyard and green space right on the inlet was great. On-site spa was tempting but didn't have time....off to Botanical Beach.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SadieB195

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms very relaxing. I have passed your comments on to the team in Sooke. We look forward to seeing you again soon and hopefully you will have some time to pamper yourself at the spa!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here for 4 glorious nights the first week of August, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We got upgraded to a very nice king suite on the 3rd floor with balcony and view of the ocean, using our BW rewards card. Our room was very spacious with a huge bathroom with a walk in shower and separate toilet area, and double sinks. The deck was a good size and had 2 lounge chairs plus 2 regular chairs. The restaurant West Coast Grill has amazing food, but it doesn't open for breakfast until 8am. There is a very nice coffee shop in the lobby area that opens at 7am with a nice selection of baked on premise muffins and sandwiches. They also have very good gluten free muffins. There were only 2 things we didn't like about our stay, one the mattress was not the most comfortable and two, the AC was rather noisy, I would of expected a little more from a resort so high-end, otherwise I would stay here again in a heartbeat, the staff were great and informative. The Sooke area is beautiful and rather untouched, still a nice small quiet town.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor had very good ocean views, and you only got the sun in the morning which was nice to enjoy breakfast out on the deck.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to hear your stay with us was enjoyable, but apologize for the noisy air conditioner you experienced. I have passed your comments on to the team in Sooke and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back again!