“Good route and helpful information”
Review of Rainforest Tours

Rainforest Tours
Ranked #7 of 24 Tours in Sooke
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided adventures into the spectacular beauty of Vancouver Island's temperate rainforests and wild coastlines. Whether you join a guided hiking tour or create your own customized adventure, your day will end with your senses truly indulged. Join us on an off the beaten path experience! Both half-day and full-day tour options available. Gourmet lunches, transportation, hot and cold beverages and interpretation included in each tour.
Brooklyn, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good route and helpful information”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was a very pleasant hike and the guide provided some good basic information. I would recommend for those who want a guide to point out some local areas but not as interested in very detailed information about the ecology or wildlife.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank TravelerLAA

Montague
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“An amazing and wonderful day”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I found Rainforest Tours through recommendations on Tripadvisor, my go to for places I haven't been and things I want to do. It was so beyond better than I had hoped for! Toni was our guide - a very down to earth, knowledgeable and out going young woman with a great sense of humor. She knew the forest forward and back. I told Toni how much I enjoyed the two others on the hike, and she told me that it almost always works that way because like minded people seek out these hikes. I want to thank my fellow hikers, a young man from France and a woman from the region who lives in Sooke, and her adorable dog. I felt like I was with people who loved the peacefulness and the ancientness of the forest and the rock of the shoreline. I am so grateful to Toni for making this possible. We enjoyed a delicious lunch, that Toni prepared and packed for us, at an incredibly beautiful site - it was an "Oh my God" moment when we stepped into the clearing and sat for lunch. I might also add that the communication before hand was smooth and easy, and all went without a glitch: reservation in advance, pick up in Victoria, drop off. I would suggest that you email Rainforest Tours and tell Toni and her staff what kinds of things you are most interested in. That's what I did. And my hike felt like a custom design, including about five bear! Toni took the best bear pic and I am hoping that this goes up on the website soon so you all can see it. I traveled to Victoria on business that involved four days of sitting in a meeting room. I went early to take in the beauty of the old forests. I will do it again, as soon as I can. Thanks Toni, and all of your staff. i can't recommend this highly enough.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Markey2
Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“A great day Hiking !”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our hike with Toni and her team was excellent, everyone was well looked after with a delicious home made lunch included for the day. We went at our own pace, and had an amazing chilled afternoon at Mystic Beach with plenty of time to explore the surrounds and a stopover at local winery to end the day. Booking, pick up / drop off from my accommodation was done with ease.Toni's knowledge and passion for nature of the local area is fantastic and her friendly personality makes it easy to get engaged with all the sights you will see on the day

I highly recommend Rainforest Tours if you're looking to spend a day exploring outside of Victoria

Visited May 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Great day out”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have just returned from a half day hike with Toni and offsider Dee, what a great day out . We were picked up from our apartment and joined by 5 others . Lunch was provided along with a backpack each with water, raincoats and lunch. The scenery was stunning and the girls were a wealth of information. With a small group it was very informal and lots of fun. Thanks for a great day.

Visited May 2014
Sooke, British Columbia, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“guided tour to experience the best!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

To be sure to see the best, to experience nature and learn all there is to learn about the flora, fauna, etc is what you will experience with this young company. Your experience will be enhanced, you will be safe and may learn about spots that only the locals know about.

Visited July 2013