“Craving fish & chips? London is one of the best.”
Review of London Fish & Chips - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
London Fish & Chips
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Right in the middle of Sooke, hidden in plain sight. I cannot ignore the occasional sudden cravings for good old fashioned fish & chips, so I count my blessings that there's a fish & chip joint right in "downtown" Sooke. It's a familiar experience, small cozy restaurant, wood wainscott walls, standup cooler full of drinks and the heavenly smells of fish and chips done RIGHT! As others have mentioned, their Halibut and their tartar are unbelievably awesome. Although I plan on eating-in at some point soon, this time I stopped in to place my order, walked across Sooke Rd to grocery shop, then came back to pick it up. Wrapped in the traditional paper and tape, I could barely wait long enough to get it home as the smells filled my car and activated my salivary glands.

It was every bit as good as I hoped it would be and I'll be back soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Small place. Very clean. On Mondays the cook is your waitress...small staff. But, service was good. The halibut was to die for. The tartar sauce is made in house every day. Amazing taste. Truly unique. Well worth the reasonable price.

1  Thank Brenda T
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Our meals were fresh, enormous, cooked to order and delicious. Crispy batter on huge hunks of halibut, we were very hungry and had enough left over for a second meal later. Service was friendly and quick. Oh, and amazing tartare sauce, that tasted homemade. Easy to find, on main road, but you have to turn before the roadside sign to reach the parking lot. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank KiwiandCanuck