“WOW! A must visit, especially for architect, designer and photographer!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sooke
Einers Above Race Rocks Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 24 Sooke B&B and Inns
Fremont, California
“WOW! A must visit, especially for architect, designer and photographer!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

After years of thinking about going I finally made it to Eniers. My first impression at the arrival- WOW, what a wonderful place! It by far exceeded my imagination; a B&B place could be so well designed with its architecture and so comfortable in living! Modern and simple exterior contrasted the surroundings but yet the landscape and the building blended so well in the overall nature environment! The Eniers should be featured in Architecture Digest and any other architecture magazine my believe!

I had fun studying how and why each element was placed in the interior; I then began to appreciate more and more of the design mind and heart the owners Mr. & Mrs. Enier had placed into the place. Great amount of attention put into the detail of everything, and I really appreciated it!

Looking at the deer next to me at the balcony outside of my room and listening in light music I felt so relaxed, the feeling I hadn’t had for a long time. Woke up in the morning and had the fabulous breakfast made by Mrs. Enier was surely a treat!

Thank you Eniers for a great memory I would treasure for a long time! I surely would come back again to explore more of it in the future if all possible!

Room Tip: Great architecture and fabulous views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We found this amazing place on tripadvisor & rented both suites, entertaining friends from Spain. The view is spectacular & the accommodations are incredibly well thought out with attention to detail in every area. They even noticed the lemons & gin we brought, a knife & cutting board magically appeared in time for our cocktail hour! From the gourmet breakfast & picnic lunch, to help with a vehicle drop off while hiking the coastal trail, it was a 5 star experience. We have recommended this place to many people & we hope to return soon!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Burgundy
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stumbled across Einers' website by luck and am glad for it.
The architecture of the house is exquisite in its contemporary simplicity; a minimalist approach. Rooms are well appointed and the view from my room was mesmerizing, you could simply sit and stare away. The strait of Juan de Fuca, the distant lighthouse, the passing ship/cruise traffic but all being viewed from a high mountain-vista.
The rooms have tall, high ceiling windows and trees/forest comes right up to it. And at night it does get very "quiet".
Breakfast was delicious and brought to the room by both Bonnie and Ben; they are genuinely kind and gracious hosts. And one gets a complimentary gourmet picnic basket.
Would recommend to all but, especially to the discerning traveller!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This was the very best B&B my husband and I have stayed in. the views from the room were spectacular. With the special touches (private breakfasts, fireplace controlled by a thermastat, deer and owls just outside our door) we could not have chosen a better place to celebrate our anniversary. AND Bonnie's breakfasts were definately one of the many highlights we will always remember. A unique, warm and beautiful place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2011

This was our second visit to Einer’s. Our first one was in July 2008, and as we rated it as one of our “tour highlights”, we made sure to include it again on our June 2011 itinerary. And we were not disappointed.

LOCATION
Einers is set in one of the most peaceful and breath-taking settings I have ever seen. Perched high on the mountain, this B&B has 180 degree panoramic views which include stunning snow-capped peaks and blue sea. You can see the city of Victoria with her twinkling lights in the distance.

It is a quiet and peaceful haven. The house is surrounded by woods, and in the mornings, you can see deer grazing. We even had one right up close to the house on our July 2008 visit! And we saw several in the woods on a short walk we did this trip.
You will definitely need a car here: there is nothing within walking distance. But a short drive to Sooke (about 15 minutes) where you will find some wonderful choices for dinner (we loved Markus’s Wharfside Restaurant).

ACCOMMODATION
The clean lines and minimalism of Einers is exactly to our taste. This is the kind of property that can easily feature on the front cover of “Architectural Digest”. Rooms have a triple aspect views, and are not fussily decorated. The bathroom is luxurious and the floating fireplace looks amazing. We preferred Suite 2 to Suite 1, because it has two small sofas rather than chairs, so you can each lie down, read a book and enjoy the views and fire. We also preferred the lighter beech accents to the darker mahogany ones featured in Suite 1. But that’s just personal preference, both rooms are beautiful.

The room is exquisitely laid out and has many luxury amenities: bathrobes, slippers (although I wasn’t keen on the thong type as they didn’t look too comfortable), fresh flowers, tea lights, coffee, tea and some treats as well like biscotti. Water was stocked in the fridge along with milk.

After a long walk on part of the Coastal Trail, I luxuriated in the huge Jacuzzi bathtub, it was one of the best “soak in the tub” experiences I’ve ever had! There is also a separate walk-in shower. The towels were plentiful, soft and fluffy and the bathroom has a separate heater to you can make it lovely and warm. After my tub I wrapped myself in the cosy bathrobe and we drank some wine in front of the fire, whilst lounging on the sofas. It was total indulgence!

The bed is one of the most comfortable I’ve ever slept in. The bonus is that it is a true king-size mattress, not two mattresses put together, which always leaves someone in the gap, awful. So we loved this bed and slept like kings.

A new addition since our last visit was a gym, which we did not use but looked to be full of all the equipment you’d need for a good workout.

A word of warning: there aren’t any black-out curtains in this place, and some windows don’t have any covering, as the view is so spectacular. So although you have privacy because no one is looking in, you can’t escape the sunrise at 5:00am. So if you’re a light sleeper, be warned and bring eyeshades!

An area that I’d like to see improved in the future though is the bulky TV in the room, which doesn’t go with the rest of the funky, modern decor. I would prefer either no TV (who needs it with that view?), and perhaps a Bose sound dock for the iPod with an aux connection for those of us with smartphones, or replaced with an LCD screen, which are very reasonably priced now.

The other thing I’d mention is that this was the only place we stayed at that did not have Wifi in the room (or at least we couldn’t get a connection), hopefully that will change.

BREAKFAST
Breakfast was delicious and among the very best we ate whilst on our trip! We could choose to eat outside on the private deck, or in our room, perched at the bistro-style table overlooking the views. Bonnie had a basket full of treats and each day was something different, but incredibly tasty and beautifully presented on Denby crockery. Even our mugs had been thoughtfully pre-warmed!

HOSTS
I have a soft spot for Bonnie, she is an incredibly likeable person and there’s something about her that just makes you want to give her a hug. This being our second visit, I was amazed that she not only remembered us, but remembered details from our conversations we’d had 3 years earlier. She must take notes, or else has a memory like an elephant! It was touching and made us feel special, like we were coming back to visit an old friend. Ben is also a wonderful host and both made sure to provide us with lots of information on the best places to eat. They printed off menus from the internet for our referral and gave us a map to navigate our way around Sooke, which was very helpful.

LUNCH
Bonnie provided us with a packed lunch on both our days, at no extra charge, and each day it was full of lovely treats. Our first lunch we ate picnic style on our walk along the Coastal Trail, the cheese, smoked salmon, bread and cookies hit the spot! The second day her lunch literally saved us, as we were trapped in a horrendous traffic jam on the Trans-Canada highway for 3 hours due to a mud slide in Hope causing road closure. Thank goodness we had her flapjack to sustain us (and boy was it yummy).

OVERALL IMPRESSION
This is a very special place. I love the remote, tranquil setting, the breath-taking views, and being spoiled by our hosts. I pampered myself in the tub, enjoyed the fire and totally chilled out in the evening with a glass of wine. Sooke itself is definitely worth a visit: we did a fantastic walk along the Coastal trail, and ate a delicious evening meal overlooking the water (Markus’s Wharfside Restaurant). I would highly recommend Einers!

Room Tip: Suite 2 has nice sofas for lounging on!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lilyloves2travel
Vancouver
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We are both well travelled and I have extensively stayed at b&b's all over the world. I have to say this one is on the top of my list for most amazing stays. Bonnie is a wonderful host and they're home is a architects dreams, when we arrived there was a bit of fog so being placed so high up on the rocks - we were above the fog :)
We were surrounded by BCs greenery at its finest, I'm not a big outdoorsy type but I have to say it took my breath away every morning. We loved the bed, the atmosphere and the surrounding. Breakfast in the morning was better then any other breakfast we had staying at any other B&B...anywhere. Its insane the amount of food on the plate... I could barely finish. As for a picnic basket......It consisted of Baked salmon, Goat Cheese, Brie, Baguette, Fruits, Veggies and BROWNIES!! (Yummiest Brownies I've ever had!!)

This place is amazing hands down! The pictures do not justify it.

Lovelove this place

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chuthay
BC
Reviewed 6 July 2010

LOCATION
Located off the road to East Sooke Park, up a large hill with a great view of the mountains and ocean . The 2 suites are in the same building, which is separate from the main house. This location is about 10 minutes from downtown Sooke but is very private.

ROOM
The room was really nice and comfortable. Very cozy and relaxing. It had a very comfortable bed with a 2-way fireplace separating it from the sitting area. The kitchen area was minimal, but had a small bar fridge, a coffee press, mugs, wine glasses, a bottle opener, etc. which was all we needed. There is also a breakfast bar with stools at the front of the room (under the windows).

The are windows all across the front which gives a great view. There was an amazing sunrise in the morning that we could watch from our bed. My only complaint is that the windows don't have window coverings...they're not needed as the suite is separate from the main house and totally private but this still made me a bit uncomfortable.

The bathroom had a double vanity, plenty of storage, a jetted tub (the jets were really loud and not that relaxing) and a shower.

Outside is a private deck (though it's in the same building as the other suite, so they're fairly close to each other) with patio furniture and chaise lounges. There were plenty of deer coming and going while we were outside which was fun.

FOOD
When we booked the B&B Bonnie checked with us for food likes/dislikes and allergies so that they could tailor the food to our needs. For breakfast, we were asked upon check-in what time we'd like our basket delivered.

Bonnie and Ben delivered a delicious breakfast basket to our room in the morning so that we could enjoy breakfast at our leisure. The breakfast had granola, yogurt, fresh fruit and baking.

We received a lunch bag when we checked out so that we could have a picnic in the area. It had wraps, fresh veggies, water and snacks.

OVERALL
I highly recommend this B&B. It's the only B&B I've ever stayed in as I don't like the idea of staying in someones home, eating breakfast at their table with other guests, etc. However this B&B isn't like that at all and are there to make your stay comfortable, but otherwise leave you alone the entire time. The room was very clean, modern and comfortable and the location was great.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BCwaterlilly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sooke
Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection
The Lodge at Weirs Beach
The Lodge at Weirs Beach
#2 of 18 in Victoria
Gordon's Beach Farmstay B & B

Been to Einers Above Race Rocks Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!