“good time at the grill---”
Review of West Coast Grill

West Coast Grill
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Sooke
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, View, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
victoria B.C.
“good time at the grill---”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Had the occasion to visit this restaurant recently. The food was excellent and so was the service. What sets it apart from many other restaurants is the amazing view of Sooke harbour. It was a beautiful day and we elected to sit outside where the view is even better. You could see the little fish boats coming in and a seal or two. The only thing I can think of complaining about is the hand cut fries were clearly machine cut. This is not a big deal and we would certainly go again.--------

Alberta
“Try the cedar wrapped salmon!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stay at the resort for 4 nights so we got to dine quite frequently at the West Coast Grill. Staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the food was ssooo fresh. The portions are quite generous so hubby and I would share a soup to start and then share an entree. Our favourite was the cedar wrapped salmon with the scented rice. Breakfasts are very good as well and the coffee is delicious, especially out on the patio enjoying the sunrise. The only thing about the restaurant was the fact it didn't open until 8am for breakfasts

Visited August 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Great views, restaurant "ok"”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This restaurant has a nice atmosphere and good staff. The menu was difficult for me because I don't eat seafood, and I would really call this a SEAFOOD restaurant. The only non-seafood/fish was the $35 steak and the Mediterranean pasta (I had the pasta, it was ok. very "herby", not a ton of flavour). I also ordered the caprese salad to start. and although I was shocked to see the small size of it (it was $16!!), I have to admit it was the best part of my meal. VERY good. and fancy.
Little things made the dinner awkward, like my husband's chair (across from me) being much higher than mine (I almost had to lift my elbows over the table to eat ... we really laughed about it and joked that I needed a booster seat). Had it been warmer we would have sat on the GORGEOUS deck though, with amazing view of the ocean. Sooke is lovely and this hotel is gorgeous. All in all it was an alright dinner experience but I probably would only go back for drinks/dessert.

1 Thank josee09
Victoria
“More thank Expected”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed in the hotel and decided to try the West Coast Grill. We enjoyed seafood dishes the scallops, salmon, and crab were delicious. Service was exceptional....and the meal was well paced. Waitress Veronique was pleasant friendly and genuine...We will return...

1 Thank CapitanVictoria
Brisbane, Australia
“Sooke, what a gem”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Travelled by car from Victoria to find a restaurant with water views, was planning on heading to Port Renfrew, but when we got to Sooke it looked like a lovely village, we found an access to a jetty near the Best Western Hotel, so we walked down to the jetty to take in the view. Decided to stay there for lunch on the veranda. Saw some otters (we think) while we were having our lunch, what a lovely spot this is. If I was a local, I would be coming here often. If you haven't been here its worth a look. Oh, food and service was good.