“Lovely”

Sooke Harbour House
Reserve with OpenTable
Sooke Harbour House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 51 Restaurants in Sooke
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Washington, DC
“Lovely”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

First of all we came here for lunch on Sunday so didn't have the prix-fixe meal. We were a group of 7 and all came away happy. People loved the beet soup (I don't like beets so didn't try it), also enjoyed their main dishes. Another of our party loved the cheese plate and salads. The sorbets (for a child) were okay but with flavors not appreciated by a child. Same for the gelatos which had a sour cream flavor - ugh, but I don't like sour cream so I should have known. Service was okay, not as many water refills as would have been appreciated, but not the end of hte world.

• Visited July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Hebrew first
Fort Langley, Canada
“Wonderful set menu dinner”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

As we were staying at the Sooke Harbour House, it was a no-brainer to book in for dinner in the restaurant. The prix-fix menu provides the usual selection of 2 - 3 items per course to choose from, and a wine pairing menu is also available. Our food was wonderfully prepared and the service was perfect. Not too fast and not too slow. Our table overlooked the garden and ocean and provided the perfect backdrop to our meal. The only problem came when I ordered my steak. Anticipating the usual "how would you like it prepared", I asked for my steak to be cooked rare. I was absolutely floored when informed that the chef didn't do "temperature" requests. If I wanted the steak I would have to take it as the chef cooked it. Although our server promised it would be close to medium rare, it was served medium well. Since I really do not like well cooked steak, most of it ended up being brought back to our room for our dog, who was travelling with us. I have eaten is top restaurants around the world and have never heard of a chef not accepting cooking requests for steak. However, overall, our meals were very enjoyable and the ambiance of the restaurant made for a lovely dinner.

Visited June 2014
Winnipeg, Canada
“Exceptional local cuisine”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went to the Sooke Harbour house for dinner last month to celebrate our anniversary, and must say it was an exceptional experience. Highly recommend the Chef's menu with wine. We had a corner table overlooking the ocean, spectacular vista. Each course was remarkable with local ingredients, and the hostess really charming. Highly recommend this place for a relaxed, high quality, culinary experience.

• Visited June 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Beautiful Sooke Harbour House”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is absolutely beautiful and well loved. The views are spectacular and most of the staff are friendly and always smiling. The downside for us was the restaurant. The food was too salty for our tastes and we noticed the menu hardly changed from one night to another. For the pricing, we were expecting the unexpected, the spectacular, the well thought out; unfortunately we did not find the food/menu this way. The service was awful. We had a female server who was, well, passive aggressive, almost shouting at us as to what was on the plate she was delivering. I was geniunely intimidated. Sharing knowldege is wonderful when put over in the correct way. Obviously this young lady knows alot about the food and wine of this restaurant, but she does not come over in a pleasant way. I am afraid we won't be back. Farewell to once a gem......

• Visited June 2014
Vancouver Island
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The art gallery alone is worth the visit, even if you don't stay there! The grounds are full of hidden benches and driftwood artifacts. Loved it!

Visited June 2014