Hotels Gouverneur Rimouski
Motel Colonial(Rimouski)
Motel Lyse(Rimouski)
Motel Marcel(Rimouski)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe rivernight's sleepincluded in the priceclean roomsbreakfast was includedthe st lawrence rivernb
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The hotel has the aura of the 80's 5-star hotel, but does not live up to todays tastes. Carpeted walls went out of fashion some time in the 90's, but can be found at this hotel. The pool was a beat-up concrete kidney shaped pool with peeling paint job. But on the upside, excellent location, right by the boardwalk. clean rooms, excellent service, with a restaurant and bar.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
SHG653, General Manager at Hotels Gouverneur Rimouski, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2015

Good day,

We would like to thank you for your personal view of your stay at the Gouverneur Rimouski. In fact, this comment will definitely help our improvement toward the future. Furthermore, we have sent forward your comment to the leadership team, as your satisfaction is our top priority, at any time.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Our room was 403. It was all right, bed comfortable and clean.
We ate supper and were VERY disappointed. We had steak with a very salty sauce, a potato that was disgusting. It was probably reheated too often. The appetizer pate au fois gras was not that great. The coffee was cold. I would NEVER eat here again. Not impressed at all. The dining room was empty...no wonder!
I had originally booked at the Hotel Rimouski but my mother ranted and raved about this hotel. She was here 2 years ago and noted today that it is not what it used to be and would not return. This is actually my first real negative review here. Too bad we ended up here instead.
I'm usually easy to please....sorry! BUT as I said...I did like our room. This hotel needs updating.

Room Tip: Room 403 had a King sized bed...nice :) The room was on the corner and a glimpse of the river was possible
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 July 2012

This is a very big but old complex. When you walk through the complex it feels like you are walking through a maze. You will go through doors and hallways and stairs and never really know where you are heading. I searched for a good while for a working ice machine, I think I even went down hallways where I wasn't supposed to go!

The interior is dated, wood walls, mirror walls, small tube TV, strange alarm clock, heavy and loud door... Pool area is ok but weeks are growing through the walking area's. Pretty old bathrooms!

Breakfast was great, staff was nice. Location was good. The rooms were clean however the carpet in the hallways definitely saw better days!!

I think this hotel is way past it's hey days and needs to be refurbished, I'd try elsewhere next time unless I had a really really good rate.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 June 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Gouveneur for one night. It has some good points and bad points.

The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. The carpet in the room looked to be pretty filthy and I have seen cleaner shower tiles.

The lobby area looks very nice and the location of the hotel is perfect as it is right downtown across the street from the river and boardwalk. It is also walking distance to restaurants and malls.

Even though the beds were comfortable the noise at night was loud and you could quite easily hear the people next door as well as a few people making merry in the hall. The doors to the rooms in the hotel make a considerable amount of noise when shut and this seemed to be going on for the major part of the night.

I was also told upon check-in that I was not eligible for Aeroplan points because of the rate I was paying. I noticed that the rate I was paying was higher than the rate advertised on the outside of the hotel.

I was really not impressed and I wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Terribly in need of a facelift.

Smelly old hotel, dirty carpets garnished with multiple cigarette burns, complete with a calcinated showerhead.

No radio clock, no iron, and a cathode tube tv dating back to the 90s.

The photos here are very representative of what you can expect.

Definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2012