“Great hotel for a family trip to Rimouski”

Hotel Le Navigateur
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rimouski
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel was a great surprise for a family trip to Rimouski for Le Tour de Rimouski bike race. Perfect location for support at the bike race. We had a great room with two separate bedrooms and kitchenette, more of a suite. This is not a resort hotel. Practical space for a visit to Rimouski. It is a great value to put you in the heart of the downtown area. In walking distance to many restaurants in downtown. A short drive to the supermarket. The waterway is across the street for awesome walks along the water. Laundry available as well. The kitchen saved us money for meals in the suite. I would come back to this hotel for my next trip to Rimouski, especially for the bike race. Great wifi too!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the full kitchen. Well worth it , ,
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week during a conference and found the hotel very comfortable.

I ate in the sports bar for breakfast once but wasn't hugely impressed with it. However, the queen suite had a microwave, toaster oven, fridge and all crockery/cutlery plus coffee maker in a separate living area so I bought supplies for the rest of the week which made it feel very homely and a much cheaper stay.

The room had everything else you'd expect: lots of towels, robes, slippers, shampoo etc., hair dryer and iron. It overlooked the parking lot but I didn't mind. You couldn't open the window but the climate control in the room was good.

The staff were friendly and spoke good English. I didn't try out the gym or spa on the same floor as the room but found the vending machines useful on the first night.

The hotel is close to Saint Germaine where there are lots of restaurant choices and boutique shops. The metro store was a bit far by foot but that or iga are close in a car.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Spacious, comfy quiet & clean, friendly staff. Rented a apartment room, we were 2 couples and 2 kids so 6 in total. Most of our needs were met however we only used the hotel to not have to drive back from a party so we didn't need to really 'settle' in. The view was terrible with a top to bottom direct view of the back parking lot and some office building.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We stayed there for one night in July.
I booked one of their suite which was really nice, King bed, kitchenette and great bathroom. We also had a spa on the same level!
We had not much of a view but this was not a problem for us.

Some people were knocking on our door in the morning and this was not really pleasant. THe restaurant near the reception was really noisy and a bit pricey for their menu.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Stayed at Le Navigateur on Aug 3rd, 2012. Phoned ahead to book on Thursday to be told they had one room left, a suite which I could have for $129. I was surprised at the price and asked her to repeat. She again said $129 and did I want to book? Of course I said yes and we drove 10 hours to arrive at 11pm. The room was beautiful, however a wedding was underneath the room and the deep base music went on till 2 am. We got 4 hours sleep and had to drive 8 hours the next day. Figured the low price was due to inconvience of wedding noise but no, was informed that we owed $250 on check out. I aurgued about the quoted price and they said they could give me $20 off but that was the best they could do. Do not stay here...they are dishonest.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank xcountrylady
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Like some of the reviews, this place is a bit subpar. Reception was friendly and lobby is fine. Average size hotel room with ok beds. But hotel room had lack of a fresh smell (not bad, but not fresh). Probably too much cleaning spray over time. Bath was generally clean but the bathtub had a moldy shower curtain which is really unnecessary.
Restaurant connected to hotel offered terrible pub food. Better choices around the corner.
No fresh coffee in the morning either. This may be best that town has to offer but my experience at Holiday Inn and Courtyard type hotels is usually much better.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2008

I was taken off guard to find certain basic, common amenities missing from the room for which I have become accustomed, such as an iron & ironing board, mini-bar/fridge, decent soap (not a tiny bottle of low-budget shampoo and one small rectangular cliché hotel bar of soap), no lotion or hair conditionner (which I hadn`t brought, out of habit). And I must say that the ventilation system was not ventilating very well in the sense that "smoking room" took on a whole new meaning: walking into the room initially was a shock to be greeted by the stench of stale cigarette smoke... I didn`t remember smoking rooms in hotels stinking THAT badly?? Doesn't help that windows cannot be opened. "Spacious room" does not apply when there are 2 beds (no sofa), and a very cramped bathroom (room for one person only if you want to open or close the door).
Found a few things on the carpet (e.g. plastic pearl, bottle cap) that indicated the room hadn`t been vacuumed before our arrival. I refused to take my socks off in this one!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple