“Horrible Service....felt like I was being ignored.”
Review of La Reserve Bistro

La Reserve Bistro
Ranked #6 of 108 Restaurants in Rimouski
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Mississauga, Canada
“Horrible Service....felt like I was being ignored.”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was in Rimouski for work for a few days and wanted a place to eat so I looked up online and saw that this restaurant had awesome reviews so I thought I'd check it out. When I got there it wasn't at all busy so I took a seat on the patio...the atmosphere looked really nice. I sat there for 30 minutes before anyone came over to me to see if I wanted anything to drink. Once they came over I ordered a glass of wine and it took another 15-20 minutes for my drink to come. Another 15 minutes passed and the lady came over to give me some bread and butter and left. I had to wait another 20 minutes for anyone to see if everything was ok and finally caught the hostess and asked her for some utensils for the bread and butter. She finally came over with utensils and some water. I was also given the wrong type of wine...which was fine because I already had several minutes to wait and drank most of it. I was overall very disappointed in the service here. I was alone and didn't know any French which wasn't a problem at any other restaurant except this one...if anything I was given more attention at other places to make sure my experience was a positive one. I felt like I was being ignored and not taken care of at all. I only ate half my dinner and got it to go because of all the time just sitting there.

• Visited September 2013
J_Bartoluci, Owner at La Reserve Bistro, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Hi CBabcock14,

Thank you for your comment. We are pleased that you liked the atmosphere at our restaurant. Also, we are very sorry that your experience didn't reach your expectations. We take every comment very seriously and we are looking forward that this kind of event doesn't happen again in the future. We are grateful that you took the time to write us about it. If you come back to our city, we would be pleased to see you again and do not hesitate to ask for me.

Julien Bartoluci
Chef co-owner

“Excellent meal and service - until we wanted out check”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We had dinner here without having done much research and had one of the best meals of out trip.

A great night, we ate outside and while the service was relaxed, so were we. Then, inexplicably, we waited twenty minutes or more to get our bill. There really was no explanation and added a small blemish to an otherwise great experience.

I'm hoping this was a mixup as it didn't appear that others had the same problem so you probably won't either.

Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank GordonFowler
Montreal, Canada
“not much for the price”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Food was good and well presented, but not enough for either of us 4, little meat and no vegees wort speaking about. Coffee: half a cup, what's the matter? A friend went for a burger afterward.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank mark l
Peterborough, Canada
“Extremely slow service”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We were two couples who arrived on a Friday night without reservations. We were given a table right away (several other unoccupied tables remained empty during the over two hours we were at la Reserve.)

This restaurant seemed to be a favourite of local regular clientele. Perhaps our status as "tourist visitors" may have relegated us to slower service, especially since we did not order pre-dinner drinks. Our food order was not taken for nearly 30 minutes and the meal did not arrive for nearly an hour after that.

The meals were delicious when they arrived but by then the long delay had put a couple of us in a rather negative state of mind.

With more attentive and timely service, I would have given this bistro a much better rating.

• Visited July 2012