“Watch your Debit Card Charges”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Radium Hot Springs
Radium Valley Vacation Resort
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Radium Hot Springs
Seattle, WA
“Watch your Debit Card Charges”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

We arrived to a pleasant resort clerk, except that the resorts policy was only to accept Debit cards as a payment for the Security Deposit and possibly other charges.. The area near Kootenay National Park is very scenic with lots of wildlife.

The Room and Cleanliness . . . Both pillows in my bedroom were soiled and very, very smelly. The mattress was very, firm. The couch and easy chairs had poor padding (very soft). The Jacuzzi in room was grrreat, but they plan on removing all jacuzzis from all units!

The unit had a bad order, but went away after a couple of days of airing it out.

If I would have been able to use my Credit Card I could have challenged all the charges that I didn't think I was responsible for.. After emailing the resort I could not get a list of charges for the LARGE bill on my Debit card. I ignored a previous poster here and the problems they had with the final billing, next time I will heed Trip Advisor reviews better!

Room Tip: Don't stay in unit 69. Get things settled at checkout, see a list of all charges before you lea...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Hiker9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kawhia,New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

We really enjoyed the location and its proximity to areas Tourist destination: Banff ,Lake Louise and Fort Steel heritage town,
We arrived late for check in- it was a long drive from Hope with my husband stopping regularly for photos.
We phoned and were given a combination and instructions on where to find keys etc-
No hassle there- We were politely dealt with even though we rang the after hours number, because we rang after the office was closed.
Our unit was huge with 3 bedrooms. a tv in our room and a huge tv in the lounge.
There were 3 queen sized beds in the 3 bedrooms. one room we kept our stuff in and the other we didn't even enter.
The furniture was very modern and comfortable and we had a huge washer and dryer in our unit.
The only thing not that clean was the spa bath- it was clean but when you flush through the jets gung came out.
I don't know how they would fix that.
We bought some epsom salts and bathed in that to compensate.
Otherwise we were thrilled with our unit.
We saw squirrels and deer cam right up to the units.
The grounds were very well kept.And the gate system made us feel very secure.
We did not use the resorts other facilities- there were plenty of them but we did a lot of sight seeing and went to the Springs one afternoon.
We left 2 days early on the Thursday morning so we could do Columbian Icefields and Jasper before going back to Vancouver- and flying home.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CarolynTA
Nunavut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2009

We arrived after the office was closed, but that wasn't a problem. The woman who meet us at the gate and showed us to the loft was very nice. But I got the sense that the operations of the resort could be more organized.

The next morning I went to check in and I found the single staff member overwhelmed and thus was not exactly helpful for a first time guest. Had I not did my own research and been observant while check-in in there were going to be many things I would have not know about such as the card entry and exit access to the recreation centre, towels at the front, firewood that we could use, etc.

I had noticed the nits have wireless routers. I picked up a strong signal but it was secured, so I asked the lone employee at the front about it and she said its not secure and that it was named RVVR66. I had to tell her it wasn't unsecure and it wasn't name what she said. She finally said she'd come by and take a look. I called once more two hours later and she said she was busy and that she would stop by. Four hours later at 6PM I was taking my children to the pool and stopped at the front desk router in-hand, but the lone employee was now someone else who hadn't had a clue about routers.

They defiantly could use another person at the front, at least during peak hours and days because it was obvious one person didn't have the time to handle all the work required in checking-in, checking-out and taking inquires from resort and RV guests.

I found the unit to b tidy but could be cleaner. There is a jacuzzi bath in the master bedroom which could use a scrub down between guests. I also found two towels on the loveseat that had been used by the last guests. The bath wasn't that bad, but still I'd expect to have a cleaned bath between guests.

But despite all that, I really liked the location, the abundance of space in the two bedroom house, and the space outside the units. We easily slept eight plus a baby in the loft. We'd return, it is a great family environment and while the children play mom and dad have quiet places to relax or have a romantic evening.

PS Invermere is just 15mins away, hot springs are just a few mins from the resort, big horn sheep will probably be seen on your trip in or around town and we also saw a few deer right in town.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Siutiapik
Calgary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2008

The Radium Valley resort is a good establishment for families. It has great pool indoor and out. We stayed in a timeshare 3 bedroom condo which was very nice but needed an upgrade. The screens were missing, the blinds did not work in 2 of the bedrooms. Although we reported these not working, they never got fixed in the 7 days we stayed. Then to top it off we were charged 150$ on our credit card for towels we NEVER used because we brought our own. The owner claims the staff are honest, but we know what was in the unit, when we left. SO DON'T sign ANY slips before you get the unit checked before check-out.

• Liked — The activities available for all memebers of the family
  • Disliked — Staff at unit were unprofessianl
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank pitraveller4
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2008

Radium Valley Vacation Resort is very clean and quite functional if you are doing day trips into the Canadian Rockies. The unit was a three bedroom bungalow and was spotless. (We awoke one morning to Great Horn Sheep in the front yard. )

The resort has a very nice indoor and outdoor pool and recreation center. My only complaint is while it boasts air hockey, ping-pong, etc. - one must pay to use their "toys".

Our unit was well stocked, had a gas fireplace - no air conditioning but it was not needed while we were there and has very comfortable furniture. There are two decks but not much of a view - sadly that is the case in most developments there, the housing is built incredibly close together.

Banff is a bit of a drive, but well worth it. Also don't skip the Radium Hot Springs Pool, a quick five minute drive from the resort. It was divine. There are plenty of restaurants in town as well.

• Liked — Large, clean unit
  • Disliked — Had to pay for air hockey, etc.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank WISuzyqueue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Radium Hot Springs
BEST WESTERN PLUS Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs
BEST WESTERN PLUS Prestige Inn R...
#5 of 22 in Radium Hot Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,373 reviews
Crystal Springs Motel
Crystal Springs Motel
#1 of 22 in Radium Hot Springs

Been to Radium Valley Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!