“Basic and clean”

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Radium Hot Springs
Kamloops, Canada
“Basic and clean”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Beautiful approach, abundant use of flowers out doors; Rooms very basic, but clean. Good location - just minutes away from the hot springs; nice staff; decent prices.

The owners a classic car collector and has some parked out front. Great looking '66 Cuda!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Rosemary S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
calgary
Reviewed 2 August 2011

So we were about 10feet from our hotel room door and having a few drinks with another couple that we met near the BBQ area a giant snake decended from the tree and looked right at us about 3feet away from where we were sitting i jumped up and the snake slitherd back into the tree and about 5secs later i kid you not a giant rat came out of the tree we freaked out and had the worst sleep imaginable nightmares ect so friendly service if u can stand the snakes and rats .....

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank yikes123
Edmonton
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I tend to stay in a lot of different places while travelling and I am always happy when I find a place where I can be comfortable and feel welcome, and get privacy and peace when I want it. The Apple Tree Inn is a well cared for and well staffed place, easy to find and not overly expensive. I would recomend it to anyone travelling through Radium. I was pleased that the place was not super busy when I was there as well, many places I have been to are like fast food restaurants they just want you in and out and barely clean out the rooms before they are shoving someone else in. Thank you Shannon and Ted for a wonderful stay, you will likely see me again before the year is over :)

Room Tip: They keep the kids and adults sections seperate so if you have kids or don't, be sure to mention...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Kindersley, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My family stayed in room #9 and it was perfect for us. My daughter, her 2 small children, my teen daughter, my husband and myself were very comfortable with lots of room. The rates were great, the rooms were exceptionally clean and the owner was very nice and helpful. I recommend the Apple Tree Inn to anyone who wants a relaxing, affordable home away from home.
Angela

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Just home from a restful week-end in Radium, staying at the Apple Tree Inn. It was excellent in many ways:
Unit 14 was light and spacious, clean, non-smoking, with a very adequate efficiency kitchenette and the luxury of a proper bath to lie in and relax after a long hot hike. The beds were super-comfy. Although the ATI is on the main road into Radium, we didn't find traffic noise at all intrusive, once we were inside with the door shut. We were able to take our small dog on this week-end away at the ATI.
The only drawback for our family was that there weren't easy chairs or good lighting for reading, although we were able to handle this during the early evenings by reading outside on the comfortable loungers in the forecourt.
Very good value and very helpful and obliging staff.

Room Tip: Definitely recommend Unit 14, with second choice Unit 15
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2011

older motel but very clean & affordable !!! very friendly & very accomadating owner ,& her staff !!! i have stayed @ the appletree for years & it`s always been an excellent stay without feeling ripped off !!! i always reccomend them to all my friends & family !!! awesome sleep on the memory foam beds too !!! highly reccomend , excellent rates !!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank 1taz2011
Reviewed 25 June 2011

My family and.i very much enjoyed our stay. Thanx for the fabulous stay and awesome hospitality! We will definately stay again!! Leanne Barns and family Edmonton, Alta

• Stayed May 2011