Sunset Motel
Rocky Mountain Springs Lodge and Restaurant(Radium Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$89
Gables Motel(Radium Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$83
Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs(Radium Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$152
BestWestern.com
Bighorn Meadows Resort(Radium Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$125
Gateway Motel(Radium Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$79
Village Country Inn(Radium Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$98
Alpen Motel(Radium Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$80
Piccadilly Motel(Radium Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$107
Cedar Motel(Radium Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$76
Crystal Springs Motel(Radium Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$84
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2013

After a full day in Calgary, a three hour drive leaves me in need of a good night's sleep. We found just that at the Sunset! These units are Comfortable, clean and reasonably priced. Gracious hosts, Heidi and Darren make you feel at home. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rondahl
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I made a reservation at this motel through Booking.com on a Friday afternoon (around noon) to stay Saturday and Sunday night. However, it turned out that I was unable to go to radium for the weekend due to some unforeseen circumstances that came up. So, 5 hours after making the reservation I need to cancel it. In the conformation I received from Booking.com it said:

"If cancelled or modified up to 2 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged.If cancelled or modified later or in case of no-show, 100 percent of the first night will be charged."

I thought I would call the motel directly to cancel the reservation; maybe they would give me some leeway on the cancellation fee since I had only made the reservation 5 hours previously. I spoke on the phone with reception, and this is what I was told:

If the room ended up being filled, then I wouldn't have to pay any cancellation fee; however, if the room remained vacant then I would have to pay for the full two nights.

Confused, I asked about the confirmation email from booking.com, and he replies "not on the long weekend". Now here is the cancellation policy directly from the Sunset Motel's website:

"Any reservation that is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice will be charged the equivalent of one night’s room and tax."

Interesting, but I thought, oh well, it's the long weekend and the room will likely be filled. Evidently, I am very naive. The motel charged me $244.18 even before my check-in time on Saturday afternoon. Here's the kicker, I had my girlfriend phone the motel on Saturday morning asking if there were any vacancies and there were none...

So, not only did they charge me for the two nights for a 5 hour reservation, they charged me more than what Booking.com had quoted me ($180.50, or around $207 with %15 tax). Now I have to go through the hassle of trying to get my $244.18 back. Lovely ownership.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Iain908
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed at the Sunset.....as we have many times....and we receive the same awesome service we always get....the family that owns it are super nice and their kids play with ours...they're all very friendly and accommodating. The motel is your typical Mom and Pop and I know they do the best they can with the amount they charge. Not everything is brand new and shiny but it is always clean and friendly. We were at the motel when the last reviewer left that nasty message. They tried to check in with more people than they initially said and the room didn't accommodate that many people. They lied and got caught. As the owners explain....they have fire regulations and insurance codes they must operate within. It's not fait that they get that kind of a review from people that showed up and lied. We will always go back to the Sunset.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Grace S
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Nice clean and comfortable room. Very friendly owner and reasonable price. The motel is located within walking distance to most amenities. However, on the website it is mentioned that it is only 1 km away from Radium Hot Springs, which is not true, it is about 3- Km away. Overall, our stay was comfortable and relaxing. I would go back to this place again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Keetabtrip
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Very poor customer service, to say the least. I had a couple of bad experiences when it comes to accommodation, but this was by far the worst one and it will take a very long time to erase it from my memory. We booked the room online, and based on the number of people we entered, booking.com matched us with this motel. When we finally got there, early in the evening, we were in for a big surprise: they could not accommodate all of us (four adults and 2 kids) because their insurance doesn't cover more then 4 people in the room. Their page said otherwise, indicating the room was for 4 adults plus 2 kids stay for free when they use existing beds. There was no way they wanted to admit at least 4 of us, that including a 9 months old baby that needed to get changed, washed and nursed. When we showed them their web page and mentioned the false advertising, the "lady" of the house stormed in the room and start yelling at us and almost told us to get lost. We then asked to cancel the booking and we were told to cancel it the same way we made it... and to take it outside. I have never seen someone so rude, so obnoxious and so ready to throw us in the street.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family