“Highly recommend”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Radium Hot Springs
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed 29 January 2011

I've stayed at the Sunset Motel a few times. This was my fourth trip to the Radium area and my fourth stay there. I think the rooms are charming. We take a kitchenette each time and the owners seem to think of everything that you would need for your stay. The beds were comfortable and the owners are always friendly and helpful. During our summer viistis they've put on a BBQ for their guests and they couldn't do enough to make our visit a great experience.
The motel is located a short drive to Panorama and of course having the hot springs so close was a nice activity after a day of skiing.
We think the motel is an excellent value and we will be back again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank beansolong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2011

My family and I stayed here at the sunset motel in november, I have never seen more friendly owners then these people. They treated us like we were there family. The rooms were spotless, the grounds were kept up very nicely, I was very impressed that we could not smell smoke in the room.Because I know it don't matter how many times you tell guests they can not smoke you still get those jerks that do it anyways, which is very frusterating for owners as well as other guest. I think the price is awsome and would stay here everytime i return to radium area. I would recomend this motel to everyone.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank spunkygirl699
Fort McMurray Alberta
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I stayed at the Sunset at the end of August/09 for the first time. The room was very clean and tidy. The manager, Heidi was very friendly and made me feel right at home from the time I arrived. The grounds were very well looked after, with a BBQ to fix a nice meal. I would recommend this friendly motel to anyone!

Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank winlawgal
Calgary
Reviewed 4 October 2009

The actual rooms aren't bad- if all your looking for is a cheap hotel. However, for the price they charge, they should be cleaner. The beds are terribly lumpy, and our room reaked of smoke. They claim this hotel is non-smoking but I suspect otherwise.

Our room also contained a kitchenette, however, it was also a little suspect. Mix matched glasses, and plates- appears they just picked up the kitchen items at a thrift store.

In summary, lots of other places to stay in this area, try somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
7 Thank Gotama11

Travellers are raving about these Radium Hot Springs hotels

bc
Reviewed 30 September 2009

the rooms are tiny. there's no phone. they advertise that they have internet access but you have to pay extra for it. the owner made me feel like i was an inconvenience. there's a lot of places in this town to choose from so i'd suggest going elsewhere.

Stayed September 2009, travelled solo