“Cozy room with a great view.”

Rocky Mountain Springs Lodge and Restaurant
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We stayed two nights at the lodge and got the spa package which was a great deal - dinner for two (3 course meal), breakfast for both days, and 2 massages at the spa located at the hot springs. The rooms were very clean and cozy. The service was great and the food was fantastic. The location of the lodge is close to the hot springs and the view was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We just stopped by our trip, to visit one of the Hungarian restaurant in BC. Came from 600km drive, and Calgary is to far, so we decide to try the real home food. I'm chef myself too, and surprised the richness of the menu includes so many famous Hungarian dishes. Is not the best to order like me, I just want to try everything, but is impossible. For me personally have enough variety from my home cuisines, the cook from Hungary, maybe not speaks fluently English, but what he made in his territory is amazing. We spent there a night, have a nice conversation with the owner and his wife, the room was ok, nothing special, but comfy bed, A/C, and a beautiful view, and wild life all around. We saw there our first bear in Canada, but deer's, elks goat etc.
Should I recommend? Definitely!

Room Tip: go to upstairs, and enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter T
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I spent a few days there with some friends and we really enjoy it! The sevice and the restaurant was amazing, very fiendly and homely. The room is really nice, clean and comfortable, we slept very well : ) The breakfast incuded!! The waffel was really good and the duck awsome! This is a perfect location if you visit the rocky mountain... We spent a lot of time in the hot spring which is very close. See you next year!

Room Tip: If you visit this lodge, you get the upstairs room vith a million dollar view. Choose this one.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Krisztina K
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We had a reservation at this hotel for two nights, we ended up staying for one night only. The bed was rock hard, if you enjoy a softer bed this is not the place to stay. The walls are paper thin, infact I could hear the neighbors talking in the morning. The view is beautiful but that is about all that we enjoyed about this hotel. We asked for our money back and the owner refused to give any of it back, we explained that there was no way we could sleep another night on the bed and he said that they were new beds and that he was not willing to give any money back. I question why you have to pay the whole amount before you get a key to the room but now I guess I know why.. Word of advice - don't pay until you check out just like any other hotel incase you feel the same way we did. And for goodness sake, don't go there on a romantic weekend, the walls are way to thin!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
MillionDollarView, Owner at Rocky Mountain Springs Lodge and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Hello again everybody,
I just copied a sentence from a previous guest here, who stayed in the very same room as this couple stayed, you can even see some pictures from the room, scroll down for the whole review if you wish:

“Hidden treasure in Radium!!” April 23
Lovely wood siding inside, with comfortable modern seating and elements. The bed was in a separate open room, very neat - just walls to separate. Slept like a baby, very comfortable. Seems like a lovely couple own it.

Does it sound like a rock hard bed to you? All my beds are brand new, and very comfortable, it may be hard for an overweight couple, but hard to please everybody. This couple just wanted an excuse to go, I offered them a different room with a soft bed but they did not want to stay, I'm sure they had to go somewhere else suddenly and tried to get the money back for a reason.
The walls are like in a regular house, not sound proof but nobody can be harassed by the neighbor talking.
My policy is 48 hours before check-in no refund. I wouldn't mind giving back the money for a good reason, but this wasn't one.
Everybody really likes this place, I just had to buy a new guest book, only good reviews in the old ones, but most people are a bit lazy to write in the Tripadvisor, so I want to ask you to write in for me if you liked it here, thank you very much.

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Wonderful view, a lovely cozy place to stay. Very very delicious food. Very friendly family business owners who take pride in providing quality customer service. We got a deal to stay and it was excellent value.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Fong L
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We just left the Rocky Mountain lodge yesterday.....and we left Happy HAPPY!! First of all the deal we got online was excellent, a deal that no one should pass up if you want to visit the Rockies. It was $125 for 2 nights there with breakfast included for 2 and dinner as well with each a cup of wine! Amazing right????
Also our room was spacious with a great view from the outdoor patio! It really is a million Dollar view!! The beds were comfy too.....we slept like babies.
We just enjoyed how friendly Steven was and his lovely wife....they are a Hungarian/Canadian couple who knows how to treat guests well. We learned a few Hungarian phrases too.
Anyways I would definitely recommend this place for a great, affordable get away!
Also the hot springs are close and feel great!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank ayameadair
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My husband and I spent one night at the Rocky Mountain Spring Lodge, and we had a nice stay there. It is a small little local hotel tucked away on the side of the mountain overlooking the small village of Radium Hot Springs. The room was clean, comfortable and the deck has an absolutely fantastic view of the valley and mountains. This place is run by a Hungarian-Canadian couple who seem shy but friendly. We had supper (I had weinel schnitzel, blaukraut, and roasted potatoes and wine to drink) and breakfast (I had strawberry crepes) at their hotel-restaurant. The food was great; with lots of choices for a small restaurant. P.S. This is not one of those 'new time-share vacation condos' places to stay, so if you like that type of thing, then this place would not be for you.

Room Tip: P.S. This is not one of those 'new time-share vacation condos' places to stay, so if you lik...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple