One bite of their food, and you will understand why the restaurant is packed! "Come back in half an hour" , he said. We did, it was still packed. "Come back in half an hour" , he said. We did, it was still packed. Join us, said a welcoming couple of strangers, as they invited us to sit at their table with 2 extra chairs, so we did! Wow! Excellent company of strangers, and the most marvelous food ever! No wonder the restaurant is so packed! The couple who manage the restaurant , also manage the hotel. After they are done serving dinners late into the evening, they are up early making everyone breakfast, then cleaning our rooms in the afternoons. They work hard! After my friend and I finished our lovely dinner with "The Beckers" from Southern Alberta and enjoyed hearing their fascinating tales about their travels, as they left the restaurant, I said jokingly, "don't be dining and dashing". A few minutes later the waiter came over and asked if we knew the names of the people who were at our table and what hotel they were staying in. Apparently... They " OVER PAID their bill. Rather than simply pocketing the money, this hard working couple tracked them down to return their money to them. What I saw that day was honesty and intregrity. So what if the rooms have wood paneling that's a little dated and no coffee maker. I will take their intregrity any day, hands down! And the food... I am salivating just thinking about it. And the view, did I mention the view?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rocky Mountain Springs Lodge and Citadella Restaurant is situated well above Radium Hot Springs with the BEST view in town. We have panoramic view from every and EACH private balcony, even from the lower floor. Our Hungarian Restaurant is under the motel, with a huge patio, also with a magnificent view and the most delicious meals in an idyllic atmosphere. You can see the Rocky Mountains from everywhere in town, from all the motels, but it is not comparable to our view, just like you see it from an airplane or a bird's eye. Room price includes hot breakfast served in our restaurant with a variety of items to find your favorite one. It is not a buffet, rather a freshly served breakfast made by our Hungarian Chef, just like our dinners. We have an extensive menu for the evening meals, a variety of Hungarian, western and vegetarian dishes. You can watch the sunset while dining or from your private balcony, and the sunrise from your bed if you wish. We have pet friendly and wheelchair accessible suites on the main floor. All rooms have sitting area, new queen beds, new carpets, fridge, microwave and free WIFI. We can provide coffee makers or cattle's in your room.We are located a 1000feet over town by the National Park with all sorts of wildlife frequently walking by. A trail trough the forest starts from our parking lot to the Mineral Hot Springs.We, the owners clean the rooms, so they are spotlessly clean and we serve you in the restaurant as well, very friendly hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rocky Mountain Springs Lodge and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky Mountain Springs Hotel
- Rocky Mountain Springs Motel