On Aug 22 while breakfast was underway and a number of guests (with small children) were trying to enjoy breakfast and the glorious view, a loud, aggressive argument in a language I did not understand broke out in the kitchen area. Yelling, apparent swearing and very aggressive sound from a male made me and my partner very uncomfortable. Other quests were not sure what to do. The argument and loud verbal "abuse" continued even after we went back to our rooms (which we continued to hear through closed windows) - the entire episode lasted well over half an hour. We felt this was highly inappropriate for a public area, and we felt this was as near to verbal and physical abuse as I have ever been exposed. We considered calling the police but had no real grounds to do so. We felt very badly for the person who was on the receiving end of this argument.
We will never ever stay there again - we have enjoyed the lodge on a number of occasions in the past.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rocky Mountain Springs Lodge and Citadella Restaurant is situated well above Radium Hot Springs with the BEST view in town. We have panoramic view from every and EACH private balcony, even from the lower floor. Our Hungarian Restaurant is under the motel, with a huge patio, also with a magnificent view and the most delicious meals in an idyllic atmosphere. You can see the Rocky Mountains from everywhere in town, from all the motels, but it is not comparable to our view, just like you see it from an airplane or a bird's eye. Room price includes hot breakfast served in our restaurant with a variety of items to find your favorite one. It is not a buffet, rather a freshly served breakfast made by our Hungarian Chef, just like our dinners. We have an extensive menu for the evening meals, a variety of Hungarian, western and vegetarian dishes. You can watch the sunset while dining or from your private balcony, and the sunrise from your bed if you wish. We have pet friendly and wheelchair accessible suites on the main floor. All rooms have sitting area, new queen beds, new carpets, fridge, microwave and free WIFI. We can provide coffee makers or cattle's in your room.We are located a 1000feet over town by the National Park with all sorts of wildlife frequently walking by. A trail trough the forest starts from our parking lot to the Mineral Hot Springs.We, the owners clean the rooms, so they are spotlessly clean and we serve you in the restaurant as well, very friendly hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rocky Mountain Springs Lodge and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky Mountain Springs Hotel
- Rocky Mountain Springs Motel