“Very pleasant stay”
Review of Big Horn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Radium Hot Springs
Big Horn Motel
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Radium Hot Springs
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Had the pleasure of staying a couple of nights. Very good location in town, no noise. Very friendly, knowledgable host who accommodated us in a nice spacious clean room. Very pleased with good shower, comfortable bed. Would be our choice of stay if we returned to Radium Hot Springs..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monika L
bill angela s, Owner at Big Horn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thanks for the kind words..
We really enjoyed you both.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Cheap and basic with comfy beds but units are pretty small so good for one night but if staying longer it could get a bit claustrophobic.
Close to town and pretty quite.
The owner was hospitable and a bit of a laugh.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mozzroom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Traveling northbound and picked two motels in area to preview. Selected Big Horn and pleasantly rewarded. Super friendly staff and moderate expense for BC. Room was clean, good shower and quiet. Owner was delightful to visit with and super knowledgeable of BC and Alberta, Canada. Northbound passage into some of most beautiful parts of our travel.

Room Tip: BC and Alberta have very different tax rates. Suggest you inquire.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
bill angela s, Owner at Big Horn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Thanks for the comment much appreciated

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We wanted to travel into Canada for several days, unsure where our destination might take us. We were happy to find friendly staff and receive a clean, spacious, comfortable room. We also received great recommendations for things to do in the area. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
bill angela s, Owner at Big Horn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Hope you return this way again

Reviewed 5 September 2013

What a nice find. The owner is so pleasant and helpful. The room is very spacious , clean and bed is super comfortable.
Such a good value place too! Nice to walk around the lovely town. Will definitely return.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
bill angela s, Owner at Big Horn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thank you your comments feel good.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I hadn't planned on staying in Radium Hot Springs on this trip but car problems forced me into looking for accommodation. It was a Friday and I was worried about everything being booked for the weekend. Those fears were starting to be realized when the first three places I checked were either full or would not accept pets.

As soon as I walked into the office of the Big Horn I felt a sense of relief. The fellow behind the counter listened patiently as I explained my situation. I lucked out and he had one room left, the only caveat being the person staying in it wouldn't be checking out for a few hours. No problem, I'll take it!

After killing some time walking around town I had to drop my car at the mechanic. I unloaded my stuff onto the lawn at the motel, dropped the car off, and then walked back to sit on the grass and enjoy the shade.

The owners were super nice to me. They offered to let me store my stuff in the office so I didn't need to stay out on the lawn. They even walked over to my spot on the lawn as soon as the room's previous occupant started leaving so I knew my wait was going to be ending shortly. They just needed some time to get the room cleaned and ready for me.

While I was expecting the repairs to my car to be completed on Saturday, there was always a chance for something to go wrong and for me to be delayed until Monday. The fellow was super accommodating and allowed me to book the room until Monday but said he wouldn't collect any payment or anything until I knew for sure how long I was staying.

The room wasn't large, but it had everything I needed as a single traveler with a dog. The big win for me was the fridge. I had been planning on camping so I had an electric cooler full of food and being able to store it in a chilled location was great. The room was also very clean and appeared to be well maintained.

The next day I stopped in at the office because I wasn't sure what to do. The mechanic had told me that my car wouldn't be ready until the afternoon sometime and checkout time at the motel was 11am. I explained my situation to the lady in the office and she said I could stay in the room until the afternoon and that wouldn't be an issue. I was pleasantly surprised that when I checked out I wasn't billed for an extra night despite holding the room until the afternoon.

Speaking of billing -- the price on this place was incredibly good. Being a resort town on a weekend I was expecting to pay a lot more than I did. I have stayed in a number of motels and this one was much nicer than many of them and charged me less than many of them too. Again, the office staff was so friendly in wishing me luck on the rest of my trip and sending me off with a hearty handshake. You just don't meet nicer people!

The only issue I had was the wireless signal in my room was very weak. I couldn't get my phone or tablet to work inside the room but they worked fine if I stepped outside my door.

I am actually really happy that I broke down here and lucked out in finding this place. When my fiancée moves to be with me I know we'll want to make a number of weekend trips to Radium and now I know which place we'll be staying at. The owners and staff of Big Horn Motel are the epitome of working to earn your business.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DanOCan
bill angela s, Owner at Big Horn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Glad to have met you hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Having stayed in Radium years ago my wife went on tripadvisor looking for a motel. She had chosen another motel with a similar name & asked me to call for a reservation. Well of course I called the wrong Big Horn & booked a room. I spoke with Bill on the phone & booked the room for the first night of our vacation. He gave me the rate & I was quite surprised it was so reasonable. He then asked me if I had AMA & he gave me an even better rate. I asked him if he needed my AMA # and he said "No, you wouldn't lie to me would you?" I responded "I've never lied to you before Bill & I would not start now." We shared a laugh & I said I would see him the next day. When my wife asked me later if I had booked the motel I told her I had. She asked me how much the rate was and I told her. She said "What? it was supposed to be twice that amount." She then showed me the website of the motel she wanted me to book. Oh well, I guess I messed up. However when we arrived in Radium we found this motel to be very clean, comfortable and very cozy. It never broke the bank & was one of the best valued places we stayed at on our recent vacation. Truly a nice place and I would definately return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank solostar25
bill angela s, Owner at Big Horn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Nice to hear from you seen you soon?