“Ella's”
Review of Motel Bavaria

Motel Bavaria
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Radium Hot Springs
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Very friendly ,comfortable, very hospitable . The checking in was grate . My husband and I never had it so welcoming motel ever,(we r traveling a lot )..The price was grate too. Next time in Radium Hot Spring we would definitely stay in That Motel again.I hope very soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 October 2011

We went to Radium to enjoy the hotsprings and decided to just grab a room rather than drive back home to Banff and I don't regret it for a second. Shiraj checked us in, and right from the second we arrived he was great! He was extremely friendly and really enjoyable to chat with. Our room was really clean, and it was spacious too. You couldn't even reach one bed from the other. There was a table and chairs in the room, a microwave, and a fridge and all for $90 including tax. If I ever stay in Radium again, Motel Bavaria will be my choice for sure. I am a front desk agent at a hotel in Banff and I will be recommending Motel Bavaria to any of our guests that are continuing on to Radium. THANKS SHIRAJ!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2011

On our visit to Canadian National Parks, we found all the lodgings in Canada to be quite expensive. Motel Bavaria, which is located in Radium Hot Springs near the entrance to Kootenay National Park, charged us $104 for a single night stay, which was the cheapest rate of our entire trip. Considering the price, Motel Bavaria was a bargain. The room was relatively big (ours contained a couch /coffee table / TV) plus it contained a kitchenette that included a small fridge, a range with two burners, a coffee pot and a microwave. There were a set of pots and pans and dishes in the cabinet. The room was quiet. The guy working the front desk offered us free towels if we wanted to go over to check out Radium Hot Springs that evening. There was a free newspaper (The National Post) for Motel guests.

The only curious thing is that I thought we had prepaid for this place through Hotels.com, but when we got there, it turned out we had to pay again. However, I have checked my credit card statement and don't see any charge from Hotels.com for Motel Bavaria, so it seems to have worked out alright

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Enyedy00
Reviewed 3 September 2011

We were indeed fortunate to run across Motel Bavaria. Shiraj the owner propietor is a wonderfully friendly and accomodating owner. He made us feel right at home from the minute we arrived. It is a family motel, but there is never any noise so no problems sleeping. The rooms were absolutely beautiful, something just a little different, with a full fire place should you be there in weather that a fire would be necessary. We just loved it and will absolutely stay at motel bavaria every time we travel to Radium. Congratulations to Shiraj for doing an amazing job with his motel and an extra special thanks for your welcomeing personality and friendliness.

Hope to see you one day soon. everyone now thinking about this wonderful motel just Rob and Sue from Edmonton suggested that you stay at MOTEL BAVARIA. ************

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue and Rob D
Reviewed 22 August 2011

What a great location and a cute little clean motel. The owner operator was a hoot. They even provide an outdoor gas grill so families can eat more affordably. It was a great bargain for a couple or families.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We thought we had booked this motel through the expedia site on tripadvisor, but when we got there they the owner said that they do not accept the money but take the reservations. They charged the same price, but added an $8.50 expedia booking fee, and the taxes were significantly higher. All in all it came out nearly 20% higher than what we expected to pay. This did not happen any other time on our vacation, and I felt like I was being scammed. The rating has since dropped on this motel and I would agree with that assessment.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paula715
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I had booked us in for one night using my credit card to hold the room. When we arrived, the owner told us that he had made arrangements for us in another motel across the street. Figuring he was partnering with this other motel we went over to get our room, only to discover the owner of the other motel was not expecting us and did not have a room like the one we had booked at Motel Bavaria. We made do with the room he gave us and negotiated the price to what we were expecting to pay. We were expecting a kitchenette which was not available at the other motel(though they did have a fridge and microwave) I have not checked yet to see if he put any charges through on my credit card, but I will certainly be looking for it. We did not let this experience ruin our stay in Radium. We enjoyed the Hot Springs, live music on the main drag and took lots of photos of the wood carvers house.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family