“Horrible Service and Gross Room”
Review of Motel Bavaria

Motel Bavaria
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Radium Hot Springs
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Horrible Service and Gross Room”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I would not recommend this place to anyone. The staff at the front desk was extremely rude and the room was disgusting. When we walked in we found big dead flies in the room, stained carpet, and my dog found a piece of glass. My family was there before me and they said the power went out.

Room Tip: My room was gross and so was my family's.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Caroline T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Calgary
Reviewed 4 September 2012

As mentioned by other reviewers, the owner is very friendly and helpful. The room is not fancy and is showing some age but it was clean and relatively spacious. The locaiton is nice and on one the quieter streets in Radium. Good value and good location; close enough to walk to everything Radium has to offer and within an easy drive to Invermere, Panorama, and Fairmont.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2012 via mobile

The owner was very accommodating- the room was clean when we arrived and the extra amenities ( barbecue, horseshoes
Was nice . The hot springs were nice- we enjoyed traveling around - invermere is a nice day trip
Would definitely return And recommend to family and friends

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Debmugs
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2012

My family and I just stayed there a few days ago for 2 nights. The owner is quite accomodating and friendly. I still have yet to bring up this issue with him but my family and I are covered in bug bites. After doing some reasearch and thinking its possible that these could definately be from bed bugs as its way too coincidental that we all are covered in bug bites where we had exposed skin during the night.

On our second night of our stay our power went out in our room 3 times and the rest of the hotel was on! Overall the beds were terrible! The room was out dated but served its purpose for the most part. I guess you get what you pay for, I know the next we visit we'll be putting more money into proper accomodations.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 19
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Shelcey

Travellers are raving about these Radium Hot Springs hotels

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This was a great choice for us. Reasonable rate in a tourist town (we had no idea); clean and friendly; two blocks away from the Friday market which was fun (we had no idea); and a block and a half from CasaVino (we had no idea): a MUST if you are of the foodie/wino lifestyle.

It ain't the Ritz, to be sure, and shows its age around the edges a bit, but it was perfect for a stop on our way to Banff/Canmore.

Our room even had a kitchenette with stovetop, microwave, fridge, pots/pans, dishes etc. Had we known ahead, we likely would have breakfasted in, and not spent $35 on an uninspired, overpriced breakfast up the road.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SkykomishBob
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My wife and I stayed here for the night enroute from Spokane, WA to the Athabasca Glacier. The owner/manager was extremely friendly and the room was clean enough. I remember the rate being reasonable. The bed was not terribly comfortable, but we got a good night's rest. There are other options in Radium, this is not the worst of them.

Room Tip: I would probably choose an upstairs room unless you had a lot to move up to your room.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My partner and I just recently got back from Radium and our whirlwind trip through the Rocky mountains. having booked online we were not too sure of what we would get when we booked the Hotel. Must say that we were pleasantly surprised at the reception, service and overall quality of the room. The location is great and close to everything, Shiraz was more than accomadating and his level of Customer service was high. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple