“Booking doesn`t guarentee you`re getting what you ask for”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel Bavaria

Motel Bavaria
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Radium Hot Springs
Cochrane, Canada
“Booking doesn`t guarentee you`re getting what you ask for”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I booked the family room with the double and two singles as I have a 13yr old boy and an 11yr old girl, so bed sharing is no longer an option.
I made sure I booked the room many months in advance. However on our arrival, I was told I had a family room with two queen beds.
I informed the staff member that was not what I had booked, and he kept saying he could not put `a pad` in the room with two queen beds.
I again told him I had booked the three bed family room, and when I asked if the room was occupied he finally admitted the room was taken, as they were busy.
I cannot comment on the rooms themselves, as at that point, I walked away and went somewhere that was much more helpful.

Room Tip: Unfortunately, I would never book here again, as I never even got to stay in the room we had booked.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Elliott L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Radium Hot Springs, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We booked our motel through hotels.com we had booked for seven nights. However something unforeseen occurred and we had to cancel six nights. Due to the fact that we were late by one hr. to cancel without penalty we were accessed one night penalty which we accepted as this was in our agreement. Once we arrived at the Bavaria we found out from the motel manager that hotels.com had cancelled our room for the seven nights. We now have no room and we are billed for two. Nights. This manager went absolutely out of his way to help us. He even took it upon himself to request a complete refund for the full amount that was applied to our credit card.
This is the most helpful person in Radium plus he found us a place to stay for the night. We were also charged for our room in American funds without notice even though we were in Canada.

Please book directly with your motel I believe you will get the greatest service. Our hotel manager has the conformation from hotels.com that they cancelled seven nights and not six as was requested. Park motel also treated us extremely well.

Room Tip: Do not book through hotels.com
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Imelda K
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I decided to stay in Radium for 3 nights (Aug long weekend) and ride our motorcycle on day trips around. I read some of the reviews for this motel online and we decided to book for the 3 nights. The prices quoted was more expensive than it looked by booking online. it cost us approx $379 for 3 nights including taxes. That was the first disappointment. Second was when we got into our room and realized that while it did have a spa tub that was all it had - no shower. The air conditioner rattled all night along and although we requested it to be looked at several times, it kept on rattling. No sleep for 3 nights. Also, since the air conditioning was in the bathroom, very little cool air came into the bedroom and the nights were sweltering. When the air conditioningt was on, we could not use the hair dryer in the bathroom or the microwave oven in the bedroom because the breaker kicked off each time. The first time it happened we went and told the manager and 10 mins later it came back on. However the second time we could not find him although we looked and ended up leaving town with the room the way it was (breaker kicked off). Everything was within walking distance etc as other have said but that is the way it is with all motels there since they are along the roads, one after the other. We may stay in Radium again but it wont be with this motel. Because of the air conditioner problem we requested a break on the cost but the manager out and out refused. not a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: if you want a shower in your room because to ask for a room with one, and not a noisy air conditione...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jacqueline T
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We booked a cheap room while on our way driving home. We got room 25 which the owner said was very nice and clean. It's so old and tired looking. There were chips on the floor of the room, there was a layer of dust on the bathroom mirror and there was a large stain on my pillow case. The room was overheated so we turned on the A/C which took forever to cool the room and sounded like a train. I didn't expect much for the price but come on, clean the room! Never have I been so happy to get back on the road and leave that mess behind.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Radium Hot Springs hotels

Edmonton
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I always check trip advisor for reviews and steer clear if they are a couple of bad reviews but I somehow got this place mixed up with another...a very bad mistake and one I will not repeat.

This place is as bad as reported. I am into cheap hotel rooms especially when we are just staying over night but there is a big difference between cheap and "awful.".There is no flowers like in the pictures, the barbecue area looks awful and place looks very run down but that is just the start of it.

So we get to this hotel at 5:30 p.m. and were told our room that was to be ready by 3 p.m. was not ready as someone had called in sick and they had called someone in. At 5:30 at night they did not have a staff cleaning the rooms yet. I stayed a lot of hotels and I have always seen rooms being cleaned in the morning as soon as people check out. If someone had not shown up in the morning you think they would have figured it out long before 5:30.

I do not how long we were going to be expected to wait however we figured it would be at least an hour as there was no one there cleaning rooms. By then it would have been 6:30 or 7:00 p.m. Since when do people wait til 7 p.m. to check into a room unless it is a late drive or flight.

Not only that we had rented a kitchenette and there was suppose to be a barbecue so we had brought food to prepare and had no way to do that.

The owner was not at all receptive, arguing loudly refusing to confirm that we did not stay, refusing to refund us as he said it was pre paid through expedia. We decided it was not worth the hassle and left so we could find somewhere else before it was too late.

Room Tip: Do not prepay but really the best tip is stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

My father originally booked this motel because it was cheap. Myself and my fiancé went to our room which was #11 and I would not even pay $2 a night for this unit, it was dirty everywhere the bed sheets and bed had bed bug stains but no sights of bugs so we asked to be moved to a different unit. Went to number 8 and that unit was a bit better but again signs of possible bed bugs. Everything was dirty, so we went down and told the gentlemen were going somewhere else and he said we will upgrade you for free so he took us to number 15 which the bed looked newer and the room gets an average at best. There is ants all over the bathroom floor every wall is in horrible shape and dirty walls as well. Nothing good about this place, don't stay here even if the guy will keep upgrading you. Not worth the possible bed bug problem I know we will be taking every precaution when we get home. If you want to be cheap find another cheap hotel around the place.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Billy R
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed with our two dogs, room was clean and had lots of amenities. Staff at check-in were very friendly, fast, and helpful.

Very good value (for a motel with a cheap price).

We didn't intend to stay, but our day trip turned into an overnight trip... Glad this motel had room for us at the last minute!

• Stayed June 2013