“No disappointments”

Lido Motel
Calgary, Canada
“No disappointments”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

The room we stayed in still smelled like breakfast from the previous users. All in all everything was clean, great service from the owners, they were a pretty good tour guide for the area. I would go back

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Angus721

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2011

My daughter, myself and our dog went to Radium for a hot pool getaway. We decided on the Lido because of the very fair price, and they welcomed our dog.
Our room was spotless, up to date and quite. Our mattress was very comfortable and our pillows were new.
Our little family loves to travel the area finding hot pools. Each time we go to Radium we will stay at the Lido.
And thank you for loving pets.
Pat Sterling

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Holiday154913
Rexford, Montana
Reviewed 13 November 2010

I choose this accomodation based on good reviews on this site. The rooms were clean, but no shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc. The owners asked if wi-fi was needed, we indicated yes. She made no mention that there would be a fee associated with this, it was something we found out after we tried to access the internet in the room. There was a sign in the little kitchenette that warned you if the dishes were not exactly cleaned and put away to the owners liking an additional fee ($25) would be charged to your card.

My complaint is the excessive fee ($112) for the very small accomodations in the off-season.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Don-Margaret T
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Stayed one night on the way to backpacking in the Purcells. Owners are incredibly friendly and helpful, concerned for your comfort during your stay. Would come back any time for a stay. The motel is nothing fancy, a bit old school in a GOOD way, where you receive sincere hospitality every moment of your stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Kalispell
Reviewed 19 October 2010

My wife and I chose the Lido Motel on a last minute trip. We had no idea that the Lido would be the perfect spot for us. It was super clean, quiet, and convenient to all services.

The owners of the Lido Motel were friendly and helpful. We are planning to stay at the Lido Motel on our next trip to BC.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nottravelingenuf
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2010

We stayed at the Lido Motel for 10 days in August, 2010. I must say that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable, and it was quiet at night.

We particularly appreciated Gabriele's and Frank's hospitality. They did everything possible to make our stay pleasant and comfortable. While we were out at the pools my sister phoned about a minor emergency. Gabriele gave me her phone to call long distance. After we left we realized that we had left a part for a lap top computer behind. We were going to phone Gabriele and Frank when we got home in the hope that they had found it and would send it to us. Gabriele phoned us before we had a chance to call her, and a few days later the computer part arrived in the mail.

We were a large group (5 adults and 2 children, plus one little dog) but we were all in agreement that we would stay at the Lido Motel the next time that we visit Radium Hot Springs. If you are looking for a comfortable, clean and well maintained place to stay in Radium Hot Springs, we would absolutely recommend the Lido Motel. Gabriele and Frank will make you feel welcome.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank mbaydak
Chagrin Falls, OH
Reviewed 29 August 2010

The Lido Motel is a small, family-operated motel that reminds me of the places my family used to stop at, back in the 1950s. I chose the Lido for a 1-night stop on my way from Glacier National Park to Lake Louise, because of the excellent ratings it has gotten on TripAdvisor. While I don't give it a 5-star rating, it is clean and comfortable, and feels "like home." (I'd give it 4-1/2 if I could.)

My room (and I think all are probably like this) had a 1950s-style dinette table and chairs, and a kitchen area equipped with pots & pans, dishes, a good sized fridge, and a 3-burner stove. The bathroom had recently been renovated, as had the lighting in the kitchen area. Had I been staying for more than one night, the Lido would have made a very comfortable home base for exploring the Kootenay area of the Rockies.

The owners obviously take a great deal of pride in maintaining the motel, and are pleased to give you suggestions about where to eat, things to do, and so forth. While not a destination for me, the Lido certainly made a great stop on my trip!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple