“Great stay”
Review of Piccadilly Motel

Piccadilly Motel
Reviewed 22 August 2014

What a gem this hotel is, comfortable beds, super clean, great breakfast included. It had a lovely homely atmosphere about it and the hosts are very friendly and helpful. Is easy walking distance for meals. Can highly recommend,

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet R
There are newer reviews for Piccadilly Motel

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Although it was very clean, the overall place needs an extreme makeover. Rooms don't have phones which makes it very inconvenient as well as need better ventilation considering I had all windows and door open and it was still very stuffy. Would be awesome if they carried cots to be used upon requests.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked a room with this hotel over the phone. While on the phone I was told that check-in was at 2:00 PM. After the booking I had received a confirmation email. The email had stated that check-in was at 4:00 PM. This caused me to be a little confused. Otherwise, the booking was perfect and I was even given a choice if I wanted a kitchen. I arrived at 1:00 PM and was allowed to check-in. The room (10) was very clean but there was a few yellow marks on the white pillows. The washroom was perfectly cleaned however I was concerned about the location of one towel. One towel was placed on the outer edge of the bathtub. The bathtub was close to the toilet and both were about the same height. If a man were standing when doing a "number one" and there was some splatter, well I guess you might get one smelly towel. I liked it that the room was painted with light colours and I liked the wall decorations (flowers). My father greatly appreciated that a air conditioner was installed. We used the air conditioner during the night and we slept soundly. I enjoyed it that a television was provided and that both beds were conveniently placed in front of the television. I would have liked the fridge to have a freezer compartment and a temperature control knob. My father noticed that no microwave was provided. (one was provided in our previous hotel located in Sparwood). I liked that the room had a Keurig machine. The room was located beside a big tree. I liked the location of the room because it was shaded by the tree. The complimentary breakfast was delicious but there was some disrespect from another tenant. My father and I had walked in to eat some breakfast. While walking into the kitchen we had walked past all the other tenants whom were all sitting down and already eating. So it was noticeable that we had just arrived. While waiting in the kitchen to get some waffles, the hotel manager had mentioned that only one stuffed croissant was available. The hotel manager had also mentioned that more stuffed croissants were in the oven and that they would be fully cooked in seven minutes. All of a sudden some greedy pig tenant came marching in to the kitchen, took the last stuffed croissant, and said "These are good, I am taking another one". So the greedy pig that already had two croissants now gets the last (his third) stuffed croissant while my father and I get none and have to wait for the next batch. All of which happened in front of the hotel manager and nothing was said to that greedy pig (the other tenant). I was hoping that the greedy pig would try to take another croissant (from the new batch) so I could confront him and take it off his plate, maybe even fight him for it. Unfortunately, the greedy pig left before the new batch was finished. That greedy pig stole my croissant!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wonderful hubby booked the honeymoon/penthouse suite. We aren't exactly honeymooners after 36 years but it was awesome. I felt like we were up in an aerie with the eagles. Too bad the it's in the middle of town so we had to close the blinds but it was awesome anyway!
Breakfast was one of the best we had on our trip, including the breakfasts at the B&B's we stayed in.

1  Thank Glenda O
Reviewed 20 July 2014

From the outside, one would not be impressed with this motel's looks. But our king bed room had two walls of windows looking out to a park. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. We also had a Kuerig coffee maker with two pods of coffee. We both slept well and the next morning had a freshly prepared breakfast which included an egg dish, various breads (we loved the banana bread slices), a fruit cup, waffles and coffee or tea.
The motel is in Radium and just 10 minutes or so away is Invermere/Windermere with a variety of shops and restaurants.
We were very pleased with our stay.

3  Thank Mrjack37
Reviewed 9 July 2014

super cute, comfey, quiet room.... continental breakfast was excellent!!! could have eaten all those fresh baked croissants, and fruit cups we nice nice and fresh... we will be back!!
and would recommend to anybody going thru Radium

1  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My fiancée and I spent a night in the cheapest room they had available and it was great, a little noisy but it's an old building. The room was clean and bright with a comfortable king bed. The couple who own the motel are lovely, and there was a fantastic free breakfast in an adorable setting available right by the office. Would definately recommend this place to anyone, and plan on staying here again if we ever come through.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank twhite21688
rockie2, Owner at Piccadilly Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for your review, we are glad you were pleasantly surprised, hope to see you on your next visit to Radium