“Wonderful Camping Experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quesnel
Bowron Lake Lodge and Resorts
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stumbled upon this beautiful campground with our site being right on the beach with breathtaking views. It was a short drive to Barkerville which we were going to visit. It was a clean lake for swimming and we caught some fish in the boat but yet the lake was not noisy and overcrowded with speedboats and jetskis etc like some campground/lakes are. The cabins do look run down but we had a trailer and the showers were in good working order and fairly clean. The girl at the office was very helpful and pleasant. We ended up staying 5 nights and loved it. It was definetely better than the Barkerville campground we looked at first!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 334steph
There are newer reviews for Bowron Lake Lodge and Resorts

Reviewed 27 June 2012

I used the Bowron Lake Lodge for the purpose of trip outfitting only and did not stay there overnight. Therefore, I cannot comment on the state of the accomodations specifically. We were camping anyway so just stayed on the BC Parks campground about 2km down the road where the Bowron Lake Circuit registration offices were for a total of $16.

In terms of trip outfitting the BLL does just fine. All of the staff we met were quite friendly and helpful. The canoe and gear were in good working order. I am an experienced tripper who has completed several trips, some over 40 days in length, and I was satisfied. The only reason that I didn't give their services a 5/5 was that I thought it was a bit expensive to rent a canoe at their prices on an 8-day basis when it only took us 5 nights to do the circuit. Also, there was a sign that said there was a fee for dirty canoes. It seemed old so I was not sure if the new owners were serious about that so I cleaned it, but it was quite annoying to have to do when you are trying to get on the road out of the park in good time.

There are lots of negative reviews here below. I actually asked the owners why there are so many. Apparently the BLL is family owned and there was a period in the last few years where the family outsourced the management of the lodge. Apparently it was during this time that the BLL was poorly managed and received many of these negative reviews. Anyway, the family has resumed management and the service is much better from what I can tell.

Happy Tripping.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Schaefaki
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I can't believe they rent these cabins for money in good conscience. We were not told that the propane is off and that the stove and heaters no longer work. There wasn't even toilet paper. The fridge was in working order but was mouldy and the chairs and couch smelled of urine. The view is spectacular but the cabins are terribly run down.

Room Tip: Be prepared. Bring a BBQ or cook stove of your own as well as a space heater. Bring your own toilet...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank MissManagement
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Further to my review of July 2009, I'd like to say that the "bad managers" were removed and the owners have taken over the campground again. It is a relaxed environment with a million dollar view! I'm not sure if the cabins are being rented anymore but camping is available right on the edge of the water. There is a shower house and sani-dump and all the sites are relatively flat.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank S&W-82
Reviewed 12 December 2010

I stayed in a water front duplex cabin and it was great ($50.00 per night) the cabins have running cold water, lights, flush toilet, heater, fully equipped kitchen, queen bed and pull out couch and they have hot running showers in a separate building.
Sitting on the deck and watching the sun go down was like being in heaven,
I would be the first to complain if needed, hey if I was paying $200.00 a night I would find some things to complain about (its a bit rustic), but at $50.00 per night its one of the lowest rates in all of B.C. for a water front cabin.
The lady that was in charge was wonderful and always greeted us with a smile.
All the people that I talked to that were staying at the Bowron Lake lodge love it.
My daughter loved swimming and canoeing in front of our cabin.
I can't wait to go back next summer.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank bcoutdoorguy
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I have been going to bowron lake lodge since i was 12 and I am 29 now Jim and his family have been running the place as long as I can remember. The buildings are rotting and seem old but they were like that 17 years ago. Its all part of the fun, dont expect them to make the trip for you. The hospitality has always been topnotch. plenty of pay camping and hoards of free camping. Bowron lake lodge is like steping into the past, you have to see it for your self. The other bad reviews are just people trying to keep the place a secret and nothing more.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank owen40
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Bowron Lake Lodge is a dismal shadow of its former self. The main lodge burned down two years ago; the water in the campground and vacation rentals is contaminated and must be boiled before drinking -- except that there is no propane for the gas stoves. It is terribly overpriced for the shabby, run down accommodations that are offered, which did include beds but no linen. The only showers are in a separate building that may have looked nice 30 years ago.

We rented canoe equipment for the circuit and on the first day, a paddle blade simply fell off the shaft and sank into the water. Upon return, we were told "don't worry about the loss, those paddles break all the time:"

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends