“Pleasantly surprised”

Quality Inn Quesnel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Quesnel
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I do a lot of traveling for my business, and choosing a hotel is always one of the biggest challenges given that it will undoubtedly affect my condition for the business meetings.

There are three things I think are the most important factors to consider:
(1) Cleanliness: The building (i think) was built at least 30 years ago. But the interior of the hotel appeared to be recently renovated. Also, the carpet was clean, linens were really clean, and most importantly, the bathroom was really really clean.

(2) Quietness: Even when considering that the hotel is next to the highway, it was pretty quiet for me to have a good night sleep. (i'm a light sleeper too.)

(3) Mattress: Some hotels I have been to (even the ones with the big names) had not-so-comfortable beds and I couldn't wait to get done with meetings and be back home. But, the bed was pretty good.

Considering these three factors I consider most importantly when choosing a hotel, I think the Quality Inn Quesnel was very satisfactory.

And, a plus point was that the hotel has AMAZING breakfast; the quality the breakfast was such that some other hotels i've been to would charge 20 dollars for.

Well, all this to say, I will always stay here whenever I would have to come to Quesnel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Diana M

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Driving up to this hotel I was a little worried, as it looks more dated than the other Quality Inn's I've seen. However, was pleasantly surprised when I entered our room. The rooms were renovated nicely - beds were comfortable, and service was great!

I purchased this room off of Expedia for $110 for the night, which included taxes. The hot continental breakfast was good.

The only downside was that someone else's leftovers were left in the fridge... Guess housekeeping forgot to check that when cleaning the room. Didn't touch it - so hoping they got to it after we checked out :o

1  Thank SRNAlberta
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Hotel looks old on the outside but has had updates on the inside. Room was larger than a standard room. Bathroom ceiling had some old water stains.Some furniture is still older but on the whole it was quite reasonable. Ended up in handicap accessible room but were not handicapped, shower was meant to sit and had to gerry rig shower head as it was meant to be held. Breakfast was good. Internet speed was exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask to not have hadicap accessible as shower is hard to use.
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Beyond my expectations
It has been years since I visited Quesnel and was looking for a more modern hotel, good location and nice amenities. The Quality Inn had all this and more.
From the time I checked in to the time I left, I truly felt like the staff cared about their guests. From the outside the property looks like a typical hotel in a smaller city, but once you open the door to your room; you realize you are most likely in the best hotel in the city. The rooms are modern and bright. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept on in a long time (even better than the bed I slept on while at a Westin hotel). The bathroom was bright and very clean!
For those that might travel with their pets, the hotel is pet friendly and there is a large park right next door.
The photos of the rooms on Tripadvisor must be older, as they do not represent what I saw.

Room Tip: the rooms on the second floor have balconies
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ClarkKent9
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is one of the best value hotels we've stayed at recently. Clean and comfortable beds and room. Helpful and friendly staff. Laundry facilities which came in handy after our canoe camping trip to the Bowron Lakes. Excellent breakfast. All at a very a good price.

1  Thank skipaddlebike
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights here. The afternoon clerk who took our reservation and checked us in was extremely accommodating. She took the Quality Inn code to heart! The room was very comfortable and included a small kitchen area. The jacuzzi tub was quite small and difficult to get in and out of. Because of the slant of the tub, water did get on the floor when taking a shower--this could be a slipping issue. Overall, however, we found this a most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eyeteach1
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Wow stayed back in march and was very impressed with the complimentary hot breakfast , clean & spacious rooms , in walking distance to down town and quick efficient service. Definitely one of the better hotels in Quesnel.

• Stayed: March 2013