“My fave Portage restaurant”

Bill's Sticky Fingers
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I'll start by saying I was a vegetarian for 20 years so there wasn't many options for me in the small city of Portage la Prairie (and there still wouldn't be). I liked Bill's because I could have some delicious pizza or the Greek salad--yum! Now, I'm happy to eat meat because I tried the chicken souvlaki and it was amazing! Next I need to try the ribs.

A few tips: the Greek or other specialty pizzas can be very expensive. I tried ordering one for pick up and they quoted me just over $40 for a large! Instead I ordered a large with two toppings which came to a more reasonable $25-ish. The best deal is the lunch time buffet. It isn't a HUGE buffet but you get to eat pizza, soup, and some salad. I think it costs about $10.

Some people comment on the décor. Well yes, it is kind of low-budget and some of the chairs are very hard, so if you have a skinny butt then you might want bring a cushion. ;) But most people I know are going for the quality of food, not the décor...

Oh, I should also add that they have a children's menu. That's always a nice touch for families with kids.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We went on a Friday night and still got good service, glad we had a reservation. We had the ribs which were excellent. I had the fries and mushroom soup, which was good, but their frozen FF were awful. Others had the lemon potatoes which were reported as excellent. Overall I would say a good place to have ribs, and Pizza.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Two friends and I ate here after being at Splash Island. We weren't disappointed. Service was excellent and so was the meal. Homemade mushroom soup, ribs, honey and lemon chicken, lemon potatoes, poutine, garlic bread, and freshly cooked mixed veggies (not from a bag) were delicious. Portions were generous. We will go back!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Had the chance to visit this establishment while spending a few nights in Portage la Prairie. Heard many good things about the ribs from others so gave it a try and wasn't disappointed. Not a fancy place but good food and friendly staff. Slight bit expensive but still worth it. I would go back.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Easily Bills ribs are the best in town along with the best pizza . Bill uses only the best product in his pizzas and never a shortage in the toppings . The pepperoni is special made for Bill and is cut nice and thick , where others in town have pepperoni so thin it only has one side .Bills has been in business for decades and there is a reason for his success , the line ups to be seated and his logevity in the restaurant business . The entire menu is top notch as is the service .