“Love this place!”

Dining options: Reservations
Canada
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is one of my favourite places to eat! If you've never been, it's a definite MUST! Service is excellent and quick!

Lunch specials are delicious - a different hot and spicy chicken each day (they're closed Wednesdays). Tuesday's banana pepper chicken is my favourite. They also have great combination plates and the chow mein is to die for!

This isn't your run-of-the-mill Chinese restaurant. No buffets, and so much more than chicken balls and fried rice. Unique, DELICIOUS items prepared fresh.

Try the sesame chicken (supper time only).

• Visited October 2013

Portage la Prairie, Canada
“A must in portage”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I cant think of a single complaint i would have about this place. Food is so delicious. Always consistant. They cater to you if you are their as a group or just by yourself. Service is so fast and friendly. I guess the only complaint i could muster would be the hours. I wish they were open later, and every day. Honey lemon chicken is a must !

• Visited September 2013
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, Canada
“Don't let the name fool you - this is excellent authentic Chinese cuisine”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Our family has dined many times,over many yeas, at this is smallish restaurant on the main street of Portage la Prairie.

The menu is extensive and includes magnificent szechan items. Their hot and sour soup is by far the best I have ever had in North America (including Chinese restaurants in Vancouver and San Francisco)..

It is well worth the hour drive from Winnipeg to enjoy this excellent Chinese dining experience in a pleasant atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
ktown
“hairy back breaker bench”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I read the reviews and wasn't sure what to expect. When i sat down i almost broke my back because the booth cushions are worn out like an old hourly motel mattress. At least the food was authentic, it had some real chinese DNA in my wonton soup. It was a hair, i spat it out, and ate the gross soup anyways. I barely made it back to my hotel room to let a greaser break free. I am hungry again already!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank mrfrankiesworld
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hairy Food”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I have eaten at Dick's Cafe in the past but after tonight's experience it will be a frosty day in H**L before we go back.
We ordered the dinner for 2 plus an order of dry breaded veal. Soup was good, egg roll was good and that was were it went down hill. My first bite into the main course, a piece of veal which is my favorite, I felt it on my lips.....a hair. I started pulling said hair which happened to be cooked into the meat, bits of food came out along with a 12 inch hair. Needless to say we were both very put off & couldn't eat another bite. I showed the owner & said we couldn't eat anymore. She then asked if we wanted it boxed to take home. What are you NUTS????
The final insult was her trying to say it was my hair, mine is about 2 inches long & my partner is bald, then she charged us half price for the dinner we never got to eat. My stupidity for paying but I was in shock, trying not to wretch all over.......

• Visited February 2013