“All You Need at a Great Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Levis
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
“All You Need at a Great Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on the way to Ontario and decided to try Econo Lodge on our way back. We've been in some Econo Lodges that were marginal, but we found this one to compare very well to the nearly Comfort Inn. Price was about $15 less per night (under $70 before taxes and with senior discount) and booking was online. Room was much the same as Comfort Inn although coffee service had only one serving. Room had two queen beds, small but efficient bathroom and big tube TV. Continental breakfast was a bit better than Comfort Inn's and had hard-boiled eggs in addition to usual components. They were out of yogurt, however. I'd recommend the Econo Lodge over the Comfort inn. Get about the same quality for less money. Not that it makes a difference (I'm bilingual) but at least two staff members are Anglophones.

Room Tip: You might have quite a walk if you take a second floor room. There is a newer section and that'...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank Roly M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Staff is very helpful next door Resturent is good place to eat rooms are very nice&clean old Quebec very nice place to visit good place to learn French new part of the hotel it is very nice
& quite my family was very happy to stay this hotel.

Room Tip: New part of the hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Harbhajan S
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Nice place to stay. I enjoyed the friendly staff who went out of their way to help me in French speaking place.
Lots of eating place near by. Nice family restaurant next door. I love that place
Easily access to old Quebec by ferry and took me only 10 minutes to get there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
10 Thank Kris K
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Nice Hotel, great place to visit old Quebec City. Great price for the value for the family. We stayed for three days here. Staff was very friendly and as we were from US we did not speak French but they knew English and French.
Great eating place open 24 hours and we would walk in there to eat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank BEJOY J
Kingston, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife booked this room through Hotwire. It was classified as a three star hotel. It is most certainly not. We were in a room in what seems to be the older/original part of the Hotel. This was much more of a Motel. We were well over $100 for the night, I have stayed in far better hotels for half the price. The room was very old and dated. The floors and walls were dirty and had peeling wallpaper. The inside door lock was missing , so we had no way of securing the room from the inside. While packing up our luggage in the morning , I also found an empty cigarette package under the edge of one of the beds. Makes me wonder how well they actually "clean" the rooms. Would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank R0ADTRIPPER77

Travellers are raving about these Levis hotels

Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

For some reason our GPS told us to take the north exit from the highway - and you CANNOT turn south off this ramp.
Good place for overnight stay - we were in the old section, and be forewarned that the hallway smells VERY smokey...recommend taking the external route to the lobby.
Breakfast was fine for a continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Pay the $10 extra to stay in the NEW section so you can avoid the smokey hallway. We looked at both...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank independant-Cdn
London, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

5 of us decided to go to Quebec city but not stay right in old Quebec. I found the hotel on expedia. It looked ok and was a decent price. when I called them directly, I was advised the room would be $115 night for 2 double beds and an extra $10 night for the 5th person for a cot.
I booked the room and gave my email address asking for confirmation. I called back 2 more times within the week asking for confirmation. the second time I called, they didn't have it and when I tried to re-book the cost was suddenly $145 but I was informed that instead of a cot, we would have a larger room with pull out couch. when we got to the hotel after 7hrs. of driving. our room wasn't ready even though it was almost 3pm. the hotel was empty and deserted and the room had no couch so we ended up with a cot and the desk clerk who looked like a summer student, wouldn't give us a discount on price. the cot took forever to arrive and the free continental breakfast the next day was average and there was no coffee made. we had to find the stuff to make it ourselves. the hotel was old and not very clean. the yards were not well kept with broken yard lights and the fence was a mess. the hotel maybe got to 15% capacity through out the night. there are lots of other places on the same street to stay and if we would have been there an extra night we would have moved to somethine else

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family