“Wonderful stay highly recommend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel L'Oiseliere - Levis

Hotel L'Oiseliere - Levis
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Levis
Wallaceburg, Canada
“Wonderful stay highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Thank you to reception for providing menu in English and for your assistance with computer. You were wonderful. Huge great breakfast, could not eat it all. your pool and hot tub was great after a long drive. STaff very friendly. Rooms, pool everything extremely clean. Will stay there again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We booked one night's stay at this hotel months in advance. This was going to be our stop over on the way home from PEI. We read the reviews and also required a pet friendly hotel. This we thought was perfect. Unfortunately, at check in things escalated quickly.
First, they couldn't find our reservation, they were convinced we booked at their other location but luckily I was able to find my confirmation number to confirm the correct location. To top it off, they had booked the wrong night.. They booked the date of my credit card expiration date instead of the date of our actual stay. The lady at the front desk who was FAR from friendly, accused me that it was my mistake and I must have requested the wrong date!!! I kept having to repeat and spell my name, not very complicated! Since this vacation was planned months in advance. After driving for almost 10 hrs, trust me, I had requested the correct date!!
In fact, I had even called the week before to confirm our stay and to also see if we were able to get a room with a refrigerator! Things were fine then!
They called the other location for us and all they could offer was one double bed for 2 adults, one child, no pull out couch or cot available and certainly not a pet friendly room. They had no other rooms available. I pleaded to speak with a manager or supervisor but was told no one was available until Monday!! Finding another pet friendly hotel proved to be challenging, especially on a Saturday night during high vacation season. Luckily the 4th hotel that I called had one room left.
We ended up at the Comfort Inn in Levis. Excellent customer service, super clean, quiet and included a yummy continental breakfast. It was also about $30 cheaper! It's an older hotel, no indoor swimming pool but perfect for a great night's rest/stopover!
I left a detailed message with the GM that evening as well as a voice mail today and still no response. I'm usually not that person who complains a lot. But this was a really bad experience after such a wonderful vacation.
Lesson learned, my suggestion would be to request an email confirmation at the time of booking to confirm for yourself that the correct information has been entered at the time of booking.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Roxanne W
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Stayed here in June on our way to NB and because we travel with dogs were planning to stop at the Comfort Inn.This is awfully run down so luckily we saw hotel Oiseliere across the road and went there hoping they might accept pets, which they do! Very nice stay, everyone very friendly and helpful, good clean room, nice dinner at hotel. Very convenient to visit Quebec City, just a couple of miles down to the ferry across St. Lawrence River.
We decided to stay 2 nights so we could visit the area. A good strip mall in same area as hotel, just great location.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank allthingsgood
laval
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We went to several hotels in the last few years with the Hockey team but this is the best place. This is clean (no carpet on the floor) the pool is large and you can watch the kids from the balcony. The food at the restaurant is EXCELLENT. They gave us a conference room for free so we could meet there without disturbing the other customers and the service was perfect

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

It is definetly not modern as it is desribed. Quite old fashion actually. For the price, you dont get breakfast, pillows that are clumpy and an awful internet connection. I'm here on business so it's an important factor. Heating very loud.
The restaurant: rip off! 50$ for a glass of wine and a dish that clearly had microwaved vegetables and patatoes. Filet mignon over cooked, but it was good meat.
But: its ok to just sleep. Go out to eat.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Menominee, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

Quebec in apparently not terribly dog friendly and we had a tough time finding a place we could bring our dog. This was one of the rare ones. It seems they have specific rooms set up for this purpose, with laminate floors rather than carpeting and tucked into a corner nearly by itself. It was a nice place, especially for the price. Everything was clean and comfortable, staff very friendly and helpful. It would have been nice if they'd had a throw rug on the floor, as it was nearly impossible to keep our socks dry, since it was inevitable that snow got dragged in. And the final day, something happened to some water pipe so we lost having any water in the middle of getting dressed, and couldn't even flush the toilet. Those are the only reasons for giving it less than a five rating.

It's a great location for spending time in Old Quebec City. There's a ferry that goes across the river from Levis, which itself is fun and only takes about 15 minutes, and the hotel costs a fraction of those actually in the city itself. There's also skiing nearby.

I did use their spa while there. It was enjoyable. Because of the language barrier, I didn't get quite what I'd wanted and didn't get the special deal they were offering, but I have no real complaint.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gustynpip
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel just on an overnight trip to Quebec City. We needed a place to stay, and opted for the L'Oiselière because it was close to the highway. It wasn't a bad choice. The rooms were average-sized, beds were comfy. There were wooden floors in the rooms, instead of the usual carpet-covered floors. I thought that was a nice touch. The only complaint I have is that I was woken up numerous times in the early morning by the sound of people closing the door of their room behind them, but this might be because I am a pretty light sleeper...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple