My wife and I found Le St. Christophe from the Eastern Townships Tourism website (http://www.easterntownships.org/) under the packages section. They offered a night at the hotel, a 5 course dinner and 'American' Breakfast.
The hotel itself is very nice and almost doesn't seem to fit in with the surrounding condos and stores on the street, although it has a great location for Lake Boivin and downtown access. The decor felt very luxurious and fancy. The room was very spacious. The bathroom was very nice, clean and updated.
The staff were very friendly, pleasant and helpful. The dinner staff were especially attentive.
As for our 5 course dinner, I would say although the food was good, it was not as good as one would expect for that price. Most of the food tended to be overcooked, my wife's steak was more than medium, one of my croquettes was slightly burnt and the molten lava cake wasn't quite molten so maybe the inside was cooked too much? Also be aware that some menu items are not included in the deal and cost extra (about $9, per item). These items did sound really good though but we did not try them. Breakfast was pretty standard in terms of quality except for one menu item stood out. My wife ordered the French toast in a maple sauce and it was excellent! They use a nutty bread which really adds to the French toast feel. Also, home made jam = good. We did enjoy the atmosphere of the restaurant. It had nice lighting, colour with a lively feel while still being intimate.
I would definitely stay here again but I wouldn't get the dinner deal but that would be mostly because I like to try new places anyway...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a magnificent setting on the shores of a lake in the Eastern Townships, The St-Christophe Hotel-boutique & Spa will fulfill all your dreams with its geographic situation and its castle looks. The hotel is just a few minutes from Bromont and the Granby Zoo! It's a short walk from the town center with its boutiques, restaurants and theater. For outdoor enthusiasts, the hotel offers direct access to the scenic Green Route pedestrian and bike trail along the banks of the lake and through the National Yamaska Park, the Interpretation Centre of the nature of Lake Boivin, and through small villages and picturesque sites of the Eastern Townships. In addition, the hotel is close to the Wine Route, Ski centers, golf courses and offers attractive packages for all these activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le St-Christophe - Hotel And Spa
- Le St-Christophe Hotel Granby
- Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa Granby, Canada - Quebec