“A pleasant stay at Le St. Christophe”

Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Granby
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and I found Le St. Christophe from the Eastern Townships Tourism website (http://www.easterntownships.org/) under the packages section. They offered a night at the hotel, a 5 course dinner and 'American' Breakfast.

The hotel itself is very nice and almost doesn't seem to fit in with the surrounding condos and stores on the street, although it has a great location for Lake Boivin and downtown access. The decor felt very luxurious and fancy. The room was very spacious. The bathroom was very nice, clean and updated.

The staff were very friendly, pleasant and helpful. The dinner staff were especially attentive.
As for our 5 course dinner, I would say although the food was good, it was not as good as one would expect for that price. Most of the food tended to be overcooked, my wife's steak was more than medium, one of my croquettes was slightly burnt and the molten lava cake wasn't quite molten so maybe the inside was cooked too much? Also be aware that some menu items are not included in the deal and cost extra (about $9, per item). These items did sound really good though but we did not try them. Breakfast was pretty standard in terms of quality except for one menu item stood out. My wife ordered the French toast in a maple sauce and it was excellent! They use a nutty bread which really adds to the French toast feel. Also, home made jam = good. We did enjoy the atmosphere of the restaurant. It had nice lighting, colour with a lively feel while still being intimate.

I would definitely stay here again but I wouldn't get the dinner deal but that would be mostly because I like to try new places anyway...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike C
HotelStChristophe, Responsable relations clients at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

We would like to thank you for your review. It's a pleasure to read your comments and we are proud to see that our efforts to satisfy our guests is accomplished. We appreciate your interest to guide us on our quest for the highest standards of quality!

Hope to great you again at the St-Christophe Hotel Boutique & Spa!

Reviewed 8 April 2012

I am a USA resident and a fairly frequent traveler to Granby, QC. over the past 3 years. On my first stay in Granby I was not familiar with the area so I took the recommendation of the Company I was working at to stay at a Hotel on Rue Principale because it was a short drive to the Company Facility. After numerous trips and days spent at this Hotel I decided to ask if there were any perks available due to the large amount of days spent there. I asked about Hotel Reward Points, Frequent Flyer Miles, Free Breakfast Vouchers and even the possibility of a free drink with my dinner meal that I paid for. They were very polite with their response of saying no and noted that most Hotels in Granby do not give frequent stay perks like in the United States. I accepted that answer and finished my stay.
Recently, I had another work project scheduled in Granby for 28 days. The owner of the company I would be working for asked if I would like a change of scenery and stay at a different Hotel. I said I would be interested because I would like to see other areas of Granby. He suggested the St- Christophe Hotel on 255 Denison East because of the location and room quality. After his suggestion I went on the Hotel Web Site and found that it looked like an extremely professional Hotel. Also, in reviewing of the hotel I found something that I have been looking to find for years (Hotel Reward Points) in Granby. It was noted as a Choice Privileges Hotel under the Ascend Collection. This is a very large Hotel Rewards Program that is used all over the world. I then decided to check it out considering the room prices were compliable to the other Hotels.
On arrival at the Hotel I was impressed at the exterior and interior décor of classic European architecture with mahogany hand crafted furniture. I was greeted by a young lady who spoke very good English and a smile and welcome that I am not always accustom to in the United States.
My room was huge with plenty of closet space, safety deposit box, refrigerator, balcony and a large Flat Screen TV with many channels including the Fox network so I could watch my favorite USA sports including Nascar Racing. The Hotel has a view overlooking a small lake that is within walking distance. The lake has a biking path and a bridge for those who like to get some exercise or just go for a walk to take the kids to a couple of Fast Food Restaurants close by. The Hotel is secluded just enough to avoid a lot of traffic and noise but only a few miles from Downtown and local attractions. But best of all it is Smoke-Free.
I received a free breakfast every morning and ate most of my evening meals in the Hotel Restaurant because after a long work day I enjoy having a good meal and a couple of drinks and then retiring to my room without the hassle of getting in my vehicle and driving back to the Hotel.
The hotel staff was fantastic, always going out of their way to ask about my day and always asking if everything is to my liking. The bartender also spoke good English and was willing to take time from his busy schedule to share information about the area but also was polite enough to ask about my wife and sons and their occupations.
What impressed me the most is when the hotel manager sat down with me at the bar, bought me a glass of wine and talked with me to find out if I had any complaints or comments about the Hotel? This is something you do not experience in the US at the large Hotel Chains.
The day before I was scheduled to check-out as I entered my room I received a pleasant surprise. On the desk was a huge gift basket filled with chocolates, cookies, flavored teas, jams and jellies that are popular in the Quebec area and a sincere thank you note personally signed by the manager expressing his gratitude for staying at his Hotel.
I realized that I had made the right decision selecting this Hotel and look forward to staying there again in the future. Due to the amount of work scheduled by my Company in the future I have informed our Customer Service Coordinator to add this Hotel to our preferred Hotel profile for future stays by our Sales, Engineers and Technical Support Staff.

Thanks to all.
WJP

Room Tip: Rooms on the sides or back of the Hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank GB_Packer_Fan_1

Mister P.

It was a pleasure to great you in our hotel, and we are very happy that you came back also. Having guest like you give us the energy to continue to do a good job. Thank you for your review and hope to see you again at the St-Christophe Hotel Boutique & Spa!

MM

Reviewed 28 March 2012

excellent hotel. great view of lake. great breakfast included. excellent value for the price. highly recommended. spa and massage available. extra clean room. Staff very friendly. might be the best hotel in granby. I travel for business all over Quebec province and for the price, it is one of the best.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Oscareasy001

Thank you so much for your review! It's a pleasure to read your comments and we are proud to see that our efforts to satisfy our guests is accomplished.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at the hotel during the Valentine's period and from the minute you walk into the lobby you feel a luxury that you don't expect from a hotel in Granby (a rather remote area of Quebec). The hotel and its amenities are very well taken care of. We were in a suite and the room was impeccably clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. I can't find any points to complain about with regards to the hotel and the front desk staff who were very helpful.

When it came time for our spa treatments, the comedy began. The "spa" is a room in the basement right under the main stairwell. So as you're getting your treatments, all you hear is people going up and down the stairs. Hardly the relaxation you're looking for. Don't expect a "spa" as it implies. It is basically a massage parlour in the basement of the hotel which is trafficked quite often because it leads to the pool.

After laughing off our treatments, we dressed up for our reservations at the restaurant. Little did we know we were in for another comedy show. The restaurant was filled to capacity and we were eating pretty close to our neighbours' table (hardly the romantic meal we were expecting). The service is extremely slow. Our reservations were at 7:00pm and we left our dinner at 9:45. The quality of the food was sub-par. The soup was excellent but the entree and main dish were simply bland and missing any presentation. If you're staying at the hotel, I recommend adventuring out to the main boulevard just a few minutes away where there are many great restaurants to choose from.

All in all, stay for the room, but not for the complimentary services. Just not worth it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BusyTraveler1975

Thank you for leaving us your comments on this website, please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you would like to communicate with the direction. We listen to our guest and it's our priority to offer a unique product, a superior comfort and a personnalised service!

We hope we will see you again and will give you a wonderful experience between the wall of the St-Christophe Hotel Boutique & Spa,

Reviewed 25 March 2012

My boyfriend and I went for a romantic weekend at the Saint-Christophe hotel and we took the '' forfait decouvertes ''. We came in to an exceptional greeting. The receptionist (Mylène) guided us and explained everything to us always with a smile. After an overall great weekend filled with good food, good service and nice rooms, Mylène was there once again with her good social skills and professionalism wich made us want to come back for an other relaxing weekend!

Ariane&Vincent

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Walking inside the hotel was a majestical experience. Great decor and great ambiance. The front desk lady was very nice and helpful in our check in. We had a balcony in our room, did not really have a view of the lake. I believe only 4 balconies of the property over look the lake. The other rooms have the view of the retirement homes. The room was very cozy, lovely bathroom and functioning heating. The pool area is very clean,the jacuzzi was semi functional which wasnt very pleasant. When we woke up the next morning, we could hear noises in the hallways and from the room beside us. The walls are not sound proof. The hotel is a central location if you want to explore Granby and very close to the zoo. The only unpleasant part of this stay was the breakfast. We waited 30 min to be seated and it took 20 min to take our order and then another 30 min to be served. The service was very poor, and the menu for breakfast wasnt very pleasant. The food was cold and not good portions. I was very discouraged by the service we received. The waiter never came to bring us coffee we had to ask, we had to ask for condiments and we then were asked for a tip!! Very unpleasant meal.

Room Tip: If you want a lake view make sure you specify you a full lake view, and not a partial one. Rooms ne...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelStChristophe, Responsable relations clients at Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

We would like to thank you for your review. We are proud that our product is appreciated. We believe that each stay must be worthy of the highest quality standards. If you would like to communicate with the direction, do not hesitate to reach us. We listen and care about every person that enters into the wall of our little castle.

King regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2012

The hotel is very nice and the staff very friendly. The rooms are spacious and the appointments very classy. The restaurant was very popular and the food excellent. My only suggestions; 1. A 40 minute wait breakfast if tough if you have kids, 2. the pool area is pretty, but the quality of the water was awfull. With a little better management, they could be a four star easily!

Room Tip: "Ice machines are a little loud, don't get a room across from one!.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank collin w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
5 mi away
Hotel Econolodge Granby
Hotel Bromont
Hotel Bromont
#6 of 7 in Bromont

Been to Le St-Christophe - Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!