“Picky eater is PLEASED!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Pie

La Pie
Ranked #7 of 641 Restaurants in Gatineau
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Picky eater is PLEASED!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My daughter (picky eater) and I visited La Pie after some of our friends recommended it. We were very happy with the menu, there are lots of choices, and all entries are tri-lingual. I am a light eater so I ordered a small soup vermicelli soup and rice paper wraps. After I tasted the soup I wish I had ordered the medium! It was fresh and delicious - so much flavour packed into the cup, fresh cilantro and lemon with curry - very delicious and light! The rice paper rolls were freshly made - I didn't ask but I am certain they are made to order - they were that fresh tasting.
My daughter ordered sauté vegetables in a bird's nest. We didn't know quite what to expect and we were very happy when her plate was brought out - a lovely next of fried noodles made a nest for her chicken and vegetables. The sauce was in the bottom of the plate being soaked up by the noodle nest. She thoroughly enjoyed this dish - this doesn't happen often! The vegetables (red sweet peppers, baby bok choy, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, celery, carrot) were perfectly cooked. The chicken was juicy and also perfect. We will visit this restaurant again. This is a small store front restaurant that offers something special, the owners have done a good job with making this small space comfortable with décor that is appropriate for the space. I hope you go and enjoy a meal here - but be aware that they are closed on Mondays, though open for lunch they close at 1430 during the week. I also noticed that they have a lunch special on a white board, and a take out menu - give it a try - it will not disappoint!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Teresa T

Albany, NY
“Sorry this review is not en Francais...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We used other reviews to find this amazing little restaurant. La Pie has earned its multiple 5 star reviews. The food was delicious, fresh, and rich in flavor. Who knew that a simple dish like wonton soup could serve as such a wonderful and memorable start to a meal? Our waiter was helpful and accommodating to our potentially overwhelming party of 7, including 5 children. We sampled a range of chicken, beef, shrimp, and pork dishes and none disappointed. Dinner was followed by friendly exchange between our party, the waiter, and another staff member from the kitchen, who took a genuine interest in us and our impressions of the meal. All in all, a warm, positive, and delicious experience.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank smbAlbany_NY
Houston, Texas
“Come get a slice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Decided to take some Trip Advisor advice and give it a try. Food was reasonably priced and the service was excellent. The food is fresh and not overly salted or oily which was a pleasant surprise. Everything was on par and the flavours came through nicely without being overbearing. You should be able to have a nice meal for 2 with dessert for under $50, The place was clean and the decor was simple. The owner came out to say hi which you hardly ever see these days. I would recommend La Pie to others. This little family joint deserves your support!

4 Thank French F
“Excellent food, inexpensive, friendly staff : what else can you ask ?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Ok, the neighborhood is not the classiest in town but that's the only "problem" if you consider that kind of things (mind, it far from dangerous).
On the (big) plus side : the food is excellent, prices too and the waiters are friendly/professional. At the end of the meal - if she's not too busy - the chef/owner come to your table to ask for your opinion and what can be improved.
Of course we'll be back !!!

1 Thank Christian O
Gatineau, Canada
“Simply delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I am a regular customer at this retaurant. The food is absolutely delicious, specially the wonton soup. The owner is very pleasant. Must try!

1 Thank Stephanieg077