I spent two nights at the hotel for a business meeting. My bathroom had a dead light bulb, which I reported to the housekeeping staff on my floor. Nothing was done, until I spoke to the front desk the following day. Also, the fixed in hair-dryer didn't work.
When I arrived in the afternoon the hallways were in terrible shape - it looked like they hadn't been vacuumed for days. Right until well into the evening there was a bag of garbage next to the elevator.
The following day, after my room was cleaned, a cleaning cloth was left outside my room in the hallway, and again, they hadn't been vacuumed (see photograph). They were finally vacuumed sometime in the late afternoon.
We had asked for decaf coffee for our breakfast buffet but the surly waitress pointed to packets of Sanka. Our organizer requested brewed decaf for the following morning but it didn't appear.
The best part of the visit in terms of service was the very friendly hospitality manager who really seemed to care about us. Also, the view of the river and falls was a nice bonus - make sure you ask for a river view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pour de l'information en Français, visitez: Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa Hotel. Welcome to a 4-Star Hotel in Gatineau, Quebec. The Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa hotel offers the perfect blend of leisure activities and business amenities in a convenient location just 2.4 kilometres (1.5 miles) from Parliament Hill. Guests of our Gatineau hotel appreciate the convenience of close proximity to attractions in both Quebec and Ontario. The Casino du Lac-Leamy, Rideau Canal and Byward Market are all less than six kilometers away. For outdoor enthusiasts, the Chaudiere Falls, Provincial bike path, La Route Verte are just out our door at the Parc des Portageurs. You can jog for miles right beside the Ottawa River. Business guests love the comfort of our riverside hotel near Ottawa, which includes a Business Centre and free high-speed Internet access. For meetings, we have more than 15,000 sq. ft. of flexible space. While staying at our hotel in Gatineau, just across the street from the Ottawa River, dine in our restaurant, La Jardiniere, enjoy a drink in Bar des Chutes, do a lap in our saltwater lap pool, sweat it in our Fitness Ctr, sauna or soak in our whirlpool. And of course, our rooms offer the most comfortable stay in the area. Discover the Nation's Capital with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Plaza La Chaudiere Hotel Gatineau
- Holiday Inn Gatineau
- Gatineau Holiday Inn
- Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa Quebec