“Nice Place Good Value”

Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Gatineau
Reviewed 1 August 2014

When I come to the Ottawa area the Crowne Plaza is always a good value. It is nicely situated beside the river and across from a park. Fluent in both French and English. Had an issue with a misunderstanding but Angela and Cecile took great care of me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Nathalie T, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property after your recent stay. I am thrilled to read your comments and happy to see that our front desk agents were able to resolve the misunderstanding. We thank you for your business and look forward to welcome you on your next visit to the Gatineau-Ottawa region.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I enjoyed our quick overnight stay here... we liked the fact that it was close to downtown (despite being across the river) and that it wasnt as busy as most of the hotels in Ottawa. I would stay here again as I had no problems with the service or value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Nathalie T, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Samuel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property after your stay. I am happy you enjoyed our facilities and that you found our location (5 minutes from Ottawa) to be convenient. We appreciate your comments and look forward to greeting you on your next visit to Gatineau-Ottawa.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was reluctant to book it given that you have to cross the river and if you take your car, you will have difficulties parking it downtown Ottawa. However, it turns out that there is a free city shuttle bus that runs fairly frequently and you can also walk around the hotel enjoying the park.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room with a view of the Parliament (downtown area in general).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bus_leisure

Good day,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. It is delightful to know that you enjoyed our location and were able to take advantage of the services our city offers. We appreciate your feedback and your business and hope we get the chance to host you again soon. Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I usually stay at the Crown every six months and have done so for the past 10 years to attend meetings that are close in proximity. I've enjoyed staying there because its most often quiet. The last two stays that I had, as recent as last week and December of 2013, something seemed to have changed. Overall I am happy with the room however the bathroom seems to have been an issue both times, I would find long strands of hair on the ground, coffee stains on the floor by the garbage and garbage debris under the vanity. The last time I stayed in December, I complained at the front desk and I am not one to complain. The hair strands were cleaned up the next day but you could still still some type of debris under the sink vanity which tells me that minimal effort is done in this type of situation. I didn't complain this time about the bathroom as I was not impressed the last time with the follow up. I will likely continue staying at the Crown in the future but for whatever reason, the bathroom cleanliness really needs to be looked at. I used to recommend to my colleagues the advantages of staying at the Crown but I feel I can no longer due so because of this issue.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Nathalie T, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Charles,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay and for being an IHG Rewards member. I also wish to thank you for your continued business and support. I am sorry to read about the issues encountered in your bathroom. I will follow-up with the housekeeping department in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

If I had a choice, I would stay on the Ottawa side, which is just across the river, and being the capital of Canada has lot more to offer and is where all the attractions are. Lots of places to eat and good food.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Shujaul,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am happy to read you enjoyed your visit and had a chance to visit both Gatineau Ottawa. We look forward to greeting you in the Gatineau-Ottawa region in the near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I traveled with my wife, small child (16 months) and a dog, so we called in advance to make sure we will have a baby crib in the room, and we were told that there is no problem. When I arrived to the hotel and checked-in I reminded the receptionist about the crib, and again, she said ‘no problem’. When we called again to ask when the crib will arrive they said the following “we are sorry apparently we ran out of baby-cribs.
The hotel staff gave me the filling since I booked it via a cheap last-minute site I am not equal to a real full paying guest. Also the over charge for the parking (17$ and just across the street its 11$) and they charged 50$ for a night for my dog !!!! but didnt even provide a small water bowl.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel !
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Tomer79
Nathalie T, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Tomer79,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I understand the disappointment you are feeling as travelling with a young child is not always easy and you did take the time to call in for your request. I will personally find out why the crib was no longer available after your check-in. I am sorry this issue prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. Following your comments, I am confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here twice in June 2014 and don't have many complaints. Even though it's in Hull/Gatineau and not Ottawa, it's very close and you can easily drive 5 minutes and be right downtown. The rooms were nice, spacious and clean. Nice updated decor and the view from our last stay was great (overlooking the Ottawa river, the falls and downtown). Staff was friendly and check-in was efficient.

My only two minor complaints would be in regards to parking.
1) There is a $16 per day fee for parking (which I was well aware of before booking, so no surprise there), but seeing as the hotel isn't in downtown Ottawa were space is very limited and at a premium I thought parking was a bit steep for what it was.
2) Since our vehicle was too large to get in the underground parking we needed to use the lot parking and enter coins at the gate everytime we wanted to get in. Now we could easily get coins anytime but I just found it annoying that we had to stop at the front desk everytime we would come back to collect coins.

All in all a nice stay and would defnintely recomment this place to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Pascal,

Thank you for your comments and reviewing our property after your recent stay. I am happy you enjoyed our hotel and its location. We appreciate your comments on the outside parking, we strive to achieve complete guest satisfaction and your comments will help us achieve our goal. Thank you and we look forward to greeting you in the near future. Kind regards.