Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa
Motel Ritz(Gatineau)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$69
Very Good 4/5
Auberge de la Gare(Gatineau)(Great Value!)
US$91
  • Pool
US$112
US$108
Very Good 4/5
Du Chevalier Motel & Suites(Gatineau)(Great Value!)
US$85
Hotel V(Gatineau)
US$124
US$117
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsunderground parkingplatinum memberthe riverholiday inngovernment buildingsper dayhigh floorstayed one nightexercise roomcoffee makerbusiness travelconvenient locationflat screen tvmini fridgegatineau ottawaclose to downtownnice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

If using iOS , the passbook app pointed you in a wrong direction; same name of street but different province.
Service terrible, I booked online but the in site manager told me they were fully booked; I went into their website and had no trouble in find a room.

Stayed: August 2014
Nathalie T, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Raul,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property after your recent stay. I am sorry to read about the issues you encountered upon arrival but after my research, i was happy to ee that you did get a room. I'm not familiar with the Passbook app but I will look into it! Thank you for your comments as we strive to achieve complete guest satisfaction. We hope to have the priviledge of greeting you on your next visit to the Gatineau-Ottawa region. Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

When I come to the Ottawa area the Crowne Plaza is always a good value. It is nicely situated beside the river and across from a park. Fluent in both French and English. Had an issue with a misunderstanding but Angela and Cecile took great care of me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Nathalie T, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property after your recent stay. I am thrilled to read your comments and happy to see that our front desk agents were able to resolve the misunderstanding. We thank you for your business and look forward to welcome you on your next visit to the Gatineau-Ottawa region.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I enjoyed our quick overnight stay here... we liked the fact that it was close to downtown (despite being across the river) and that it wasnt as busy as most of the hotels in Ottawa. I would stay here again as I had no problems with the service or value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Nathalie T, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Samuel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property after your stay. I am happy you enjoyed our facilities and that you found our location (5 minutes from Ottawa) to be convenient. We appreciate your comments and look forward to greeting you on your next visit to Gatineau-Ottawa.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was reluctant to book it given that you have to cross the river and if you take your car, you will have difficulties parking it downtown Ottawa. However, it turns out that there is a free city shuttle bus that runs fairly frequently and you can also walk around the hotel enjoying the park.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room with a view of the Parliament (downtown area in general).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bus_leisure

Good day,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. It is delightful to know that you enjoyed our location and were able to take advantage of the services our city offers. We appreciate your feedback and your business and hope we get the chance to host you again soon. Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I usually stay at the Crown every six months and have done so for the past 10 years to attend meetings that are close in proximity. I've enjoyed staying there because its most often quiet. The last two stays that I had, as recent as last week and December of 2013, something seemed to have changed. Overall I am happy with the room however the bathroom seems to have been an issue both times, I would find long strands of hair on the ground, coffee stains on the floor by the garbage and garbage debris under the vanity. The last time I stayed in December, I complained at the front desk and I am not one to complain. The hair strands were cleaned up the next day but you could still still some type of debris under the sink vanity which tells me that minimal effort is done in this type of situation. I didn't complain this time about the bathroom as I was not impressed the last time with the follow up. I will likely continue staying at the Crown in the future but for whatever reason, the bathroom cleanliness really needs to be looked at. I used to recommend to my colleagues the advantages of staying at the Crown but I feel I can no longer due so because of this issue.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Nathalie T, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Charles,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay and for being an IHG Rewards member. I also wish to thank you for your continued business and support. I am sorry to read about the issues encountered in your bathroom. I will follow-up with the housekeeping department in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to serving you in the future.

Kind regards,