Normally I don't write a review when I stay at a hotel and everything goes well. But the more people I told about this hotel the more I thought I should write a review somewhere.
I was travelling with my family and we wanted to see Ottawa and Gatineau in 2 days ( I realize now that was too short of a time) We decided to stay at the Best Western becausue it was close to downtown Ottawa, the room and parking prices were good (compared to the CRAZY prices in Ottawa) and we could visit Gatineau and Ottawa at the same time. It turned out to be quite a nice little hotel. Yes, it needs a facelift in the front of the hotel but the view from our room of the city was so nice.. The rooms were a good size and the beds were comfy... For the price we paid it was excellent accomodations. The pool is a good size and I appreciated that they had a lifeguard on duty showing that they care about the safety of their guests. My husband used the workout facilities and said the equipment was extremely well maintained, the workout room was very clean, there were towels for him to use and a TV to watch.. All in all exactly what he needed (he will stay at this hotel on his next business trip to Ottawa).
The front desk staff were very nice and helpful. They gave us brochures about things to visit in their tourist area and also directed us to the tourism office to search out coupons for activities in the area. The hotel is very kids friendly. The restaurant while small was very welcoming and the food was great.. I had the manicotti, YUMMY..
I have to say that after reading other posts about this hotel I was unsure of what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's not a glitzy hotel, but it fulfilled all of my BW requirements, friendly, affordable, clean, well maintained and easy access to most events..
I would reccomend this hotel to a family travelling on a budget..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a moment to relax and enjoy the view! Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa is an award winning, waterfront hotel that provides guests with a picturesque view of Canada’s Capital. Our 9 storey structure has 133 guest rooms including 9 suites, 4 banquet rooms offering a total of 4500 square feet of meeting and banquet space and with our events manager directly on site, we can accommodate all your business or leisure event needs. Our hotel offers a relaxing blend of inviting hospitality with state of the art, modern day conveniences, including complimentary wireless high speed internet throughout, free local phone calls, an equipped health facility, a newly renovated indoor salt water pool with a lifeguard provided at all times and indoor parking. Enjoy a stroll across the historic Alexandra bridge, to the famous Byward Market and Ottawa’s downtown business, shopping and entertainment district. We look forward to welcoming you to the Outaouais’ best kept secret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel Gatineau
- Best Western Gatineau
- Gatineau Best Western
- Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa Quebec