Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa
US$148
US$143
US$132
US$121
Auberge de la Gare(Gatineau)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Restaurant
Hotel V(Gatineau)
US$124
US$118
All reviewsthe riverjacques cartier parkbyward marketacross the streetalexandra bridgeparliament buildingfantastic locationhistory museumwalking distanceconvenience storesalt water poolnational gallerygatineau ottawaindoor poolconvenient locationfront desk staffcomfortable beds
Reviewed 3 June 2012

You couldn't ask for a better location when visiting Ottawa. We were on the 9th floor with a balcony, water view (through a park) and a view of the Parliment buildings. I especially enjoyed lying in bed and looking out the window to see Parliment hill. It was a short cab ride to Byward Market. The only negative is that you are right at the bridge so the view of the Parliment building is obstructed and the bridge can get very noisy with the trucks and traffic. The hotel was nice but the room was a little dated. But it wouldn't stop me from returning. Keep in mind that it's a Best Western. Definately would recommend based on location.

Room Tip: Definately ask for a room with a balcony, water view. But specify a top floor otherwise you're just overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DisneyJunky
Lives2Travel20, General Manager at Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

DisneyJunky,

My sincere thanks for your review of our hotel; we appreciate the time and energy it takes to write comments after your stay. I was very pleased to read your comments regarding our hotels location and view. We certainly feel very privileged to offer our clients one of the greatest location and views in the region. Once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours in Hospitality,

Martin Fogarty
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gatineau-Ottawa

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Nothing fancy, just your run of the mill hotel. during my stay the hotel's restaurant was being renovated. When I reserved on line (albeit quite in advance), there was no mention of this, and on Monday morning, my wife and I awoke to the sounds of what sounded like jack hammers working away, and our room was on the 9th floor.
Staff did apologize but wasnt overly friendly about it.
Breakfeast was served in the lobby, and it was ok.
Not sure how it is usually, maybe it is served in the restaurant.
The rooms are getting old, but have been appointed with flat screen TV's at least.

The marriott in the market neighbourhood of downtown Ottawa is, in my opinion, a much nicer place to stay for a comparable amount of money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelotSir
Lives2Travel20, General Manager at Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At the Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. The hotel did make every attempt along with all our online partners and websites to advise our clients of our restaurant The Bistro Cartier's renovation. However obviously in your case this message was not received and unfortunately your stay was affected, for this we are truly sorry.

Because we value your business, we would very much appreciate the opportunity of regaining your confidence. Should your travels bring you back to our region, please contact me directly and I will personally assist you with your reservations. I may be reached via gm@bwgatineau.ca

Best regards,

Martin Fogarty
Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We booked through Expedia and asked for a crib as we have a-four-month baby. When we checked in, we were told that they had no facilities for babies... and that they couldn't have contacted us as we had booked with Expedia. They may not have had our phone number but they had our email address, I guess it was too hard to send an email to let us know.
The bathroom wasn't clean, there was pee on the bowl, disgusting!
But the worst was our 1st night, our room was situated on the first floor, just above the banquetting room where a pary was held! The music was very loud and we heard "boom boom" until 3 a.m. Awful!!!!! They should have booked these rooms for people who were attending the party instead of giving it to a family.

Room Tip: If you are on the first floor, ask for a change.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Travellers C
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My husband and I were there for one night. We were moving our daughter out of her apartment upon her University graduation. After a very busy day of packing and loading we found our room very clean, and welcoming. We had a King room with river view. The bed was very comfortable. There was a nice new big flat screen T V, and the bathroom was clean and bright. Room was fairly quiet, I could hear bridge traffic, but not very loud. We were on the 8th floor and the only ice machines were in the basement. The hotel was pretty much full with a dance competion, so it took awhile to get down and back on the elevators. Check in went quickly and freindly. We are English speaking and the staff adapt to English well. We were there on our hotel points, and got a complementary upgrade. The downfall was check out. Somehow it was entered incorrectly and there was a charge on our bill. The desk clerk could not figure it out and it was taking too long. We finally left with the promise of an email to straighten it out. Upon arriving home later that day we did get the email and it appears resolved.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank snowbaby369
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My family and I spent one night here to celebrate a 70th Birthday.. I had emailed ahead to ask for an early check in to be ready for the surprise.. The Manager called me and was very pleasant.. I called the hotel Friday night and was told the 3 rooms were all ready for Sat early check in.. Great service.. Front desk staff were very helpful and pleasant..Thanks Sebastien, Jessica, Stephanie.. The rooms were all very nice and the view of the river and Ottawa is amazing Worth paying the extra money.. Very nice weekend getaway..Also got a late check out....Thanks your Martin Fogarty and staff.

Room Tip: 9th floor with a river view..
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family