My husband and I enjoyed a romantic long weekend in Ottawa during Winterlude. We stayed at the Best Western on the Gatineau side, which is reasonably priced and in a prime location. The hotel staff are completely bilingual. Our room was on the 9th (top) floor. We had an incredible view of the parliament buildings, the river and Jacques Cartier Park. The room was spacious and very clean. Some of the 9th floor rooms have balconies. There is a pool at this hotel but it was full of children and there was no hot tub in the pool area.
We brought our skates and warm clothes and had a wonderful time skating on the canal. It was an experience that I would recommend for anyone's bucket list. Along our skating travels we stopped to eat a "beaver tail" desert. I tried the maple flavour, which turned out to be a sticky and delicious treat.
The hotel was very close to Cafe St. Jacques, where we enjoyed our dinner. Expect to pay $150.00 for two dinners. The delicious food and french/spanish ambience are well worth the extra price (not a restaurant for small children).
We plan to return in the summer to explore some of the many museums in Ottawa and would recommend staying at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a moment to relax and enjoy the view! Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa is an award winning, waterfront hotel that provides guests with a picturesque view of Canada’s Capital. Our 9 storey structure has 133 guest rooms including 9 suites, 4 banquet rooms offering a total of 4500 square feet of meeting and banquet space and with our events manager directly on site, we can accommodate all your business or leisure event needs. Our hotel offers a relaxing blend of inviting hospitality with state of the art, modern day conveniences, including complimentary wireless high speed internet throughout, free local phone calls, an equipped health facility, a newly renovated indoor salt water pool with a lifeguard provided at all times and indoor parking. Enjoy a stroll across the historic Alexandra bridge, to the famous Byward Market and Ottawa’s downtown business, shopping and entertainment district. We look forward to welcoming you to the Outaouais’ best kept secret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel Gatineau
- Best Western Gatineau
- Gatineau Best Western
- Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa Quebec