This hotel was selected for us by the hockey organization. The location right on the river in Gatineau meant that a lot of the Ottawa attractions are within a short walking distance of this hotel. In fact when we opened the drapes in our room we were presented with a view of the rear of the parliament buildings.
The hotel has limited parking out front but has a number of other lots behind the property. Even with these it can be a challenge to find a vacant parking space when returning late in the evening. Obviously parking must be at a premium at this central location as they charge $11 a night extra for the parking.
Check-in was smooth and the staff was professional, friendly and most helpful with advice on what to see and where to eat. On arrival only one of the two elevators were working and with the hotel booked close to capacity it made for very long waits. As we were only on the third floor we normally resorted to using the stairs.
The room was bright and airy although a bit small for a family of four. Everything in the room looked like it had been recently renovated and was very clean. There is separate heating/cooling in each room and this functioned well to keep everybody comfortable. Even with this central location we found there was very little traffic noise in the evenings/night and everyone slept well. The in-room complimentary WiFi is good and had enough bandwidth for our kids to video Skype their friends without issue. The kids were disappointed to find that the swimming pool was not open at all during our stay.
The family ate breakfast on a couple of occasions but found the food quality poor and expensive. Our teenage kids like their bacon and eggs but found both to be inedible here.
In general I would recommend this hotel to others and would return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a moment to relax and enjoy the view! Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa is an award winning, waterfront hotel that provides guests with a picturesque view of Canada’s Capital. Our 9 storey structure has 133 guest rooms including 9 suites, 4 banquet rooms offering a total of 4500 square feet of meeting and banquet space and with our events manager directly on site, we can accommodate all your business or leisure event needs. Our hotel offers a relaxing blend of inviting hospitality with state of the art, modern day conveniences, including complimentary wireless high speed internet throughout, free local phone calls, an equipped health facility, a newly renovated indoor salt water pool with a lifeguard provided at all times and indoor parking. Enjoy a stroll across the historic Alexandra bridge, to the famous Byward Market and Ottawa’s downtown business, shopping and entertainment district. We look forward to welcoming you to the Outaouais’ best kept secret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Gatineau-Ottawa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel Gatineau
- Best Western Gatineau
- Gatineau Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Gatineau-Ottawa Quebec