“fine”

Hilton Lac-Leamy
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Gatineau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 November 2013

the place was fine and the employes where very nice parking was close to the hotel and we like that hotel which is close the the casino we will go back soon for another poker tournament of poker and probably to others hotel in europe

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (1,343)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel is fantastic. One of the nicest, cleanest hotels going. The food is fantastic, and the selection is great. The different restaurants, attractions, and casino will keep you entertained late into the night. However, there is a huge drawback. The Hotel staff try to start cleaning rooms before 8 in the morning. Now I don't know about you, but 90% of people I know even when traveling on business are still kicking around at 8 AM. This is an issue to say the least. Also don't book this as an "Ottawa Hotel" its far away from anything.

Room Tip: Get a Lake View Room.
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel surpassed my expectations! Great staff, great service, fantastic accommodations. We had a fantastic dinner - delivered to our room! Not your typical room service - fine dining. The outdoor pool was relaxing as the snow fell around us. The fitness room was just "ok" but it had the basics to get you by. Being close to the casino was nice but we didn't spend a lot of time there. I would suggest this hotel to anyone. A great experience.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Metal frame of the bed was not properly covered and damaged my feet, mattress was too soft and my back was sore after sleeping, no internet signal in conference room at all, can not use wife at there, wrong billing, so far i don't know what extra fee has been charged on my credit card, no email follow up for that.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
FRC6446, Manager at Hilton Lac-Leamy, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and welcome you to contact our offices directly, contact information has been left on your voicemail as well by email so we may discuss your stay further and hopefully have you back to stay with us the next time you visit the area.

Francois Cormier

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed three days while on business, the hotel aesthetically was very nice. On my last night, I retreated to my room after a very long day and decided on room service. Poor, poor, poor service. I called four or five times to room service and nobody answered. I called the front desk THREE times and NO ONE ANSWERED. Then on top of that they charged me for making a local call which I did not.

Room Tip: Do not rely on room service, if you can eat outside of the hotel.
3  Thank Deer6
Wayne D, Manager at Hilton Lac-Leamy, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this incident with ordering room service has caused you. We strive to meet and exceed every guests' needs and regret the poor impression we have made. I am hoping that you can contact me at your earliest convenience that we may discuss the challenges that you encountered during your stay. We are constantly working on the quality and consistency of our services therefore any additional comments you would like to share with us on how to better serve you and all of our guests would be highly appreciated.

I look forward to speaking with you and being able to welcome you back to the Hilton Lac-Leamy in the near future.

Wayne

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We only stayed for one evening and were very pleased with the hotel. The rooms were large and the bathroom was huge. Awesome shower and water pressure. The pool area was nice with several hot tubs. You can swim from the inside pool to the outside pool as they are heated. We dined at the Casino buffet, definitely not worth the money. Very limited selection and the food was not great. Next time we will have to try the hotel restaurant. We will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights for a convention and just loved my room! Having spent a few nights at the Hilton in Niagara Falls Ontario earlier in the year, I was pleasantly surprised to find the room was very similar to the one I'd had in Niagara Falls. The room was very large with a divinely comfortable king bed, large windows with a lovely water view. I loved the marble bathroom which had a huge shower and separate large soaking tub (which I never had time to use). There was a nice coffee/tea station with mini fridge which I really appreciated.

The lobby was beautiful with stunning Dale Chihuly glass artwork that I wish I had of taken a photo of - it as sooo beautiful! Front desk staff were friendly too and a bunch of us enjoyed a fantastic meal at L'Arome inside the hotel.

Would highly recommend!!