“our favorite getaway”

Hilton Lac-Leamy
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Gatineau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We live close by and any time we want to get away for a week-end this is the place for us. There is no other hotel within 500 miles that compares to this fabulous resort. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys the very best that a hotel can offer.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Lac-Leamy

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed in Room 2013 with lovely view of Lac Leamy. The balloon festival was on and we were treated to a close-up view of the early morning lift off - spectacular. Hotel is adjacent to the Lac Leamy Casino and it is wonderful to feel safe walking to and from the casino at all hours.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

we had a wedding at 04:00 pm and were promised an early check-in when we booked 5 weeks in advance. Hilton staff stuck to there policy of no check-in until 4 and we had to change in the public washrooms.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diane B
Wayne D, Manager at Hilton Lac-Leamy, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

Dear Diane B,

In my own personal name and in the name of the entire Hilton Lac-Leamy team, we wish to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your comments as they allow us to better serve you and all of our guests while maintaining the high standards of service that have made the reputation of our establishment. We would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused. Indeed we have made a commitment to all of our guests that a room will be made available to you at 4 pm on the day of your check-in. Room availability is of course contingent upon the previous night’s occupation rate and specific room types and requests. As rooms become available, we are more than happy to accommodate our incoming guests with a room prior to the suggested check-in time. Our objective is to offer each of our guests a world class hotel experience. Should you have any further questions or comments with regards to you stay, we invite you to contact us directly at 819-790-6444. We will gladly assist you in making it right for you.

Have a great day and we look forward to serving you again in the near future,

Wayne

Reviewed 30 August 2014

The hotel is beautiful and greatly situated for a week of work in Ottawa. The staff was really professional and classy. Felt like a million bucks staying at the hotel. The room layout was great as well as a great swimming pool and fitness area parking was a little hard to find at times but great over all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I was excited to have dinner in the restaurant with my family, but my experience quickly turned when I had to wait 45 minutes after my family had their dinner to get mine. I think the waitress took offence to me texting when she took my order, I was distracted I know but some urgent work texts came up and I had to deal with them. The waitress interrupted me to ask me for my order and I said I would need a few minutes, she came back 30 seconds later and said, "Are you ready now?", as I am still in the middle of a text. In the end she took my order a few minutes after the rest of my table. I think it was to punish me when she brought my food 45 minutes after the rest of the table, by this time, the others where done eating, and their plates cleared.The food was okay, not what you would expect for the price, but my evening was ruined by the waitress. When we were leaving, the hostess asked how everything was, I told her about my disappointment, and she called a manager. The manager came and all he did was say he was sorry.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tricia C
Wayne D, Manager at Hilton Lac-Leamy, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Hi Tricia,

We are so sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience while dining with us. At the Hilton Lac-Leamy, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and your feedback will help us to better deliver this brand promise moving forward. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding visit. If we may be of any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Regards,

Wayne
819-790-6444

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We just loved the fact that it was so close to the casino, the beds were sooooo comfy, the view was great. Housekeeping did an excellent job and all the staff were super friendly and polite as well as helpful. Thank you Viviane from the Players Club for providing us with such an excellent stay. We will always recommend this Hilton location.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was at this hotel for a 1 night stay when we were in Ottawa area. The hotel is very chic, clean, nice decor. I loved it! The room was spacious and had a great view over the lake! We were in a king size bedded room. The service was very good, everyone pleased to help us and always smiling. The only thing is that all night long we could hear people passing in the hallway and talking loudly. The doors could help a little soundproofing.