“Cute Little Hipster Breakfast Cafe” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Canadian, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Brunch on weekend only
Toronto, Canada
“Cute Little Hipster Breakfast Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

When we arrived for breakfast we had a 25 minute wait because it was so busy! The servers were really nice and brought us coffee while we waited. Don't expect a menu. The server told us the 3 breakfast items, two of which are set and the third one changes weekly. Luckily for me, one of the choices was gluten-free so we were all really happy. The food was excellent. I think they also sold some pastries/desserts inside. Tres yummy!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank taiwantraveller

Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

We discovered a little gem of a restaurant in Gatineau. We went for brunch it was so good. We had the Dutch pancake with pork belly and cheddar and had a veggie sandwich with a greek salad. the bread comes from Les Deux freres bakery and it is delicious. Service was nice, small space but you get good homedae food. I will go back during the week for lunch.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mtr1945
“Simply sublime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Tiny little place but just a gem in the neighbourhood. I had a light lunch which consisted of gazpacho and cucumbers and honeydew melon salad. Both were just exquisite. Original menu, refreshing and creative cuisine. I can't wait to go back.
Compliments to the team!

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Ontario
“Excellent paninis, great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

We dined the night before at Odile and I was absolutely raving about the food! I was so excited to find out about Chez Edgar and drag the family to try it the next day.

We got the paninis as takeout as seating was limited. The paninis were pressed to perfection and the bread was just right and slightly crispy. The paninis were packed to the max with ingredients, and again perfectly paired, I experienced the same explosion of flavours in my mouth as I did with the last night's dinner at Odile. The pricing was VERY reasonable at $7/$7.25 each (remember that pho in chinatown Ottawa costs $7 for a small bowl and that a panini of this quality would easily exceed $10 in Toronto).

I also bought a few cookies for takeout. The beignes au citron were okay, but I really loved the cookies. I bought a gingerbread and chocolate one as well as the apricot and coconut. Loved them, wish I had bought more to take home with me.

We drove down one block to the park facing the Ottawa river to eat.

Next time I'm in the Ottawa region, I'll definitely be back!

• Visited May 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Tiny place with great ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

If you like a great coffee and a robust sandwich that tastes like it was made at home - this place is for you. The place is really small (as the title suggests), and can get packed especially during for the lunch hour, but that is the sign of recognition. In summer there is a few seats outside available. Also if you like this place do not miss 'Odile' - which is run by the same people.

• Visited March 2013