“Really spacious rooms”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Gatineau-Ottawa
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Gatineau
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Best part is that you are welcomed at the front desk with warm amazing cookies :)
Rooms are great. 2 TV's, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Nice view overlooking the green golf course. The only problem in the room was the stinky smell from the washroom. I will stay in this hotel again for sure

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Gatineau-Ottawa

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Located just a few kms from the popular Gatineau Park and with fast and easy access to Ottawa, Double Tree in Gatineau is a good hotel located in a quiet area. Rooms in the back are on the golf course, thus offering a fantastic view. Rates are very reasonnable.
Nice convenient rooms. The hotel offers a full equiped exercise room, a pool with sauna and steam bath. Also on location, a spa operated by Studio 157 offers very professional services in massotherapy and esthetics. And acess to the Château Cartier golf course.
The only bad part is the restaurant on premises. Ok for breakfast (buffet service) but to be avoided for dinner.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back : view on the golf course
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I booked a 6 night stay. Everything looked good upon arrival. the place is well maintained. I was given a new assignment on Tuesday so I had to cut my stay short and head down to Cornwall. I phoned the front desk and told them. Apparently the girl I spoke with made no note of my change of plans. Got on the road early Wednesday morning to make it to Cornwall on time for the start of workday.

I finished my trip, got back to Calgary and I phoned the hotel for a copy of my invoice to file my expenses. The girl I spoke with said ok and they will email it to me. Two weeks later I phone back looking for the same invoice and this time the girl I spoke with looked it up and read back what was on it. She said I was charged for 6 nights and she will send me a copy of it. I mentioned to her I was there for 3 nights. So she put the hotel gm on the phone and she said she was going to investigate and talk to the people that were on duty that day and get back to me. never heard back from her. She did mention that one of her cleaning staff told her there was a do not disturb sign on the door all week. Which is an absolute lie. Assuming I did have a do not disturb sign on the door all week, it never occurred to the cleaning crew there will be a need for some toiletries, towels, soap or shampoo. When I put a do not disturb sign on the door at the Ramada in Cornwall, I had a bag full of towels, soap and shampoo and toilet paper hanging on my door when I returned from work that day.

So I phoned back three weeks later after returning from my next trip and asked the girl who answered the phone to once again email me my invoice. The invoice arrived a few minutes later. I paid for the 6 nights at the Doubletree.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Tomm D
CustServManager, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Gatineau-Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Tomm,

Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please accept our sincere apologies for the billing confusion of your recent stay. Kindly get in touch with me directly so we can resolve the issue. I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and look forward to speaking with you.

Roxane Dompierre
819-776-7947

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay in a suite. Friendly people and classy hotel. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was OK. We visited a number of nearby attractions in Gatineau and Ottawa. The breakfast was included in the package that we ordered, and it was varied and delicious, with very helpful wait staff. The pool is nice, although the hours were not always clear, and it's a bit deep for our children who are beginning swimmers.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

GREAT value. Staff were wonderful, warm, friendly and helpful. Hotel was only minutes from amenities and easily accessible. On site, free, parking was a bonus. Requested a room on the golf course side without any problem. The room was lovely and clean.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

It's the second time that I'm staying at DoubleTree Ottawa. At first time we had some problem with reservation (our fault) but staff treated it as their mistake and resolved everything for our pleasure. The perfect service and a nice room were the reason to come back. I love the style of the hotel, room design, park view. Even the worm cookie makes a difference. The price is reasonable, the hotel has a shuttle to Ottawa and back.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went to the Ottawa area for a family gathering and was very satisfied with this particular hotel. Room was very clean and the hotel staff friendly. Would certainly return at a future date. While the rooms are a bit dated they are still kept up quite nicely. The TV's are HD and function very well. The internet service could be improved as connectivity was lost from time to time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple