Auberge de la Gare
  • Restaurant
Hotel V(Gatineau)
US$124
US$118
All reviewsfeather pillowsfree parkingsmall parking lothotel offerssmall hotelsmall fridgeottawa downtownwould stay againcomfortable bedacross the streetnitfrenchwificlerkcasino
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I found this hotel by chance, after booking at another hotel I cancelled my reservation early and booked ADLG, Great place clean,big LCD TV comfortable beds. Rooms are simple but has everything you would need even a small fridge.

lots of restaurants around for all tastes.
Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Robin L
Reviewed 4 December 2009

I stayed at the hotel for 3 days and was really surprised. The rooms are extremely clean and I had a very nice room, with a new mattress, a plasma TV and had access to wireless for free. It is extremely comfortable and I like in particular the feather pillows. The staff is really friendly and really polite, I wasn’t worried to ask about anything. Good breakfast.
One of the nights the parking was full thought, but one of the staff members showed me where I could park, just across the street for no charge.
I really enjoyed staying at the hotel because it’s also really close to the Lac Leamy Casino and 10-15 min from downtown Ottawa.

I definitely recommend the hotel and I’ll be going again this month.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank Jen_Mark433
Reviewed 27 November 2008

I was looking for somewhere different to stay in the Ottawa area, and something that was near the casino on the Gatineau side. Chose this due to the positive reviews on tripadvisor.com The hotel is conveniently only 10-15 minutes from downtown Ottawa. Parking at the hotel was difficult, as the small lot was full. There is no overnight parking other than in the hotel lot, and luckilly I managed to double park near the front door of the hotel in the lot. Be careful if you're driving to get there early, or else you could be stuck if the hotel is busy. Not one more car could have squeezed in the lot. On the plus side, the staff are lovely. Warm and friendly and do what they can to help. One staff member went out and brushed all the snow off my car parked in their lot overnight. I saw him going around doing that for the other cars there. Nice touch!! The rooms however, leave a LOT to be desired. Very spartan. Bland.........pretty much Red Roof Inn quality at best. Even use a old fashioned metal key for entry! Bathroom is small but relatively clean. Beds weren't the most comfortable unfortunately. Wireless internet (free) was excellent. Did not try the complimentary continental breakfast that was included. They also give a $5 coupon towards the next stay, but.......despite the warmth of the staff, the comfort level just wasn't enough for me to repeat this property.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 September 2008

The reviews ( written in English ) are true. ( we can't read French so we can't determine what they say ). Safe, clean, quiet, comfortable, good staff , parking, convevient etc. . $88 / night for seniors and you can save an additional $6 / night if you make up your own room. All positives and nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StillwaterTraveler
Reviewed 16 November 2007

A very nice place. Very Clean Room !! I haven't seen clean as these ones for a while now.Very Quiet too!! The breakfast is good. I would recommend this hotel just for sleeping and working on a business trip. No pool,gym or restaurant in the hotel. Many restaurants are very close though !!! Good for a businessman like me or a tourist who spend most of his time outside the hotel. The rate is modest !!!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ThomasP51