“Decent but overly hyped”

Buffet des continents
Ranked #40 of 648 Restaurants in Gatineau
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
“Decent but overly hyped”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The food is okay but it's not amazing by any stretch. They do have a wide variety of options, that is definitely they're best attribute. But nothing is amazing. Everything is decent.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Furious !”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I stopped by for dinner recently. My husband suffers from serious sesame allergies so he went to the chef personally and asked him if there's any Sesame or sesame byproducts on the menu so that if that's the case we will pass on the buffet The chef confirmed to him that there is absolutely no sesame products what so ever and he can without worrying.. We were having our dinner and my husband felt shortness of breath he right away went to the manager and asked can u please confirm again that there is absolutely NO sesame ? The manager said oh there is sesame in many dishes , my husband started freaking out, and to that the manager said if u have Allergies you should probably stay home !!!!!!
The situation was not handled professionally at all and on top of that they forced us to pay !! To all the people who have food allergies pleease do not rely on the unprofessional staff of this Restaurant ! They do not value Human life.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Tass81
Ottawa, Canada
“Enough choices and reasonable price”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I stopped in recently at the Buffet for lunch after I had told her about the many departure lunches that we had enjoyed by my office in recent years. The major complaint has to be that there is more than enough to tempt any person at this locale. We were very satisfied by the choices and the freshness of the food in the Buffet. Deserts too are available in sufficient choices to satisfy everyone and the prices are reasonable. The decor is pleasing and the service is very quick. We will recommend this Buffet to others for large events because at not time did we feel rushed or crowded. Although the restaurant is quite large it is not noisy so we were able to have a quiet conversation without problems. We will be back.

• Visited July 2013
“I really love here”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I went to this restaurant with my boyfriend.
we had a lot of club leg and salad and rice and more.....
all taste goooooood.

I want to go there again.

• Visited May 2014
Gatineau, Canada
“Surprised”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

From my personal point of view,I am not keen on buffets but I must say that I was plesantly surprised at the variety, freshness and the service. The restaurant itself was very clean and so were the buffet settings (and the washrooms). Free parking. I will definitely go back.

• Visited April 2014