“A very nice hotel”
Review of Red Tree Lodge

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Fernie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I stayed one night in between camping. The hotel had all the amenities and was pretty clean. To me it looked as if it had been a bit rundown but was just about back to top shape. The desk clerk was very good and the WiFi was fast. I loved the free washing machines. I didn't swim but I checked out the facilities and they looked nice. Overall quite nice and the price was good.

Room Tip: They should all be good
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Hello Pasomonte,

Thanks for your review! We've worked hard to make sure we offer a broad range of free amenities to our guests and it's great to hear you appreciated them. I'll make sure to mention your comments to the front desk and housekeeping as well. Thanks again!

There are newer reviews for Red Tree Lodge

Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed at the Red Tree Lodge for one night to break up a long drive while returning home from vacation. The experience was wonderful. Shortly after we checked into the room we received a call from the front desk to ensure we had everything we needed and to ensure the room was sastisfactory. My wife and I have stayed in all types of rooms ranging from $700/night down to $20/night and this is the first time we ever had front desk staff call to ensure everything was okay. Staff also offered to let us into the pool room after hours as we arrived a little late. The media room was a cool addition you won't see in many hotels. The room itself was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The only complaint my wife had was the air conditioning unit was a little loud, but i loved having the white noise to sleep too. All in all, it was an extremely satisfying experience and the Red Tree Lodge will be our hotel of choice in Fernie from now on.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Hi Rick,

Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it sounds like we exceeded your expectations. We're really proud of our focus on customer service and I've already made sure to pass on your comments to many of the individuals who went above and beyond for you - they really appreciate you taking the time to post your review.

Thanks again and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

nice rooms, good size pool, nice sauna, movie room, game room and for such an awesome price! The staff was so kind and went out of there way to make sure our stay was perfect. I highly recommend this hotel and when I'm ever back in Fernie this is where I will be staying!

• Stayed: April 2012
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Hi Northern111111,

Thanks for your kind words and great review. We're always glad to hear that a guest's stay was perfect!

Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit - remember that if you book in advance you'll qualify for our repeat-guest discount!

Reviewed 7 August 2012

The facilities in this hotel were amazing. Games room, sauna, spa, pool, free computer access to check internet. Friendly staff who let us check in early. The room was spacious and clean with a large bathroom area. NICE!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Hi Craig!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We're very proud of our complimentary amenities and our friendly service here at the Red Tree Lodge and comments like yours really go a long way towards making us feel like we're going a good job. Thanks!

Looking forward to see you again soon (don't forget to book ahead to get our repeat-guest discount!),

Reviewed 12 July 2012

For the past 10 years we've had an annual fishing trip that included Fernie. The Red Tree Lodge will always be the place for us. Extremely friendly, very helpful and accommodating; always getting us a room with 3 beds! Where do find that????? When we arrive late to check-in from fishing in Alberta, they have always made arrangements for us to get to our room. In addition they always give us a discount as returning customers. The Red Tree Lodge is the only place for us!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Hello IFFLY!

I'm glad you've enjoyed staying with us at the Red Tree Lodge! We always do try to make our guests feel at home and I'm always pleased to hear that we've done our job.

We'll see you again soon,

Reviewed 27 June 2012

This is an average motel within the town of Fernie. Good price, average ammenities, close to everything. There was a group of young hockey players staying there that were pretty noisy and the management didn't do much, so not overly impressed about that. But I'd stay here again and give it another chance.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thanks to the Paulin Family for your review!

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found that we offer good value to people staying in Fernie. I'm sorry to hear that there was a loud group during your stay - we do employ staff until 3am to help ensure that everyone gets to enjoy their evening with us, and also have staff in the building overnight for unforeseen emergencies or concerns. As a result we rarely have noise complaints but if something does occur during your next stay with us, please don't hesitate to contact the front desk immediately so that we can address it, at any time of the day or night. We do offer a repeat guest discount - just ask at the time of booking to take advantage of this.

Looking forward to your next visit with us,

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stayed here only for one night while passing through. Beds are not very comfortable. Front desk was very friendly and were leaving the hot tub open later on request. Ok hotel for the price.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Hi Krista M,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate you taking the time to leave these comments.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and that we were able to accommodate your request to keep our hot tub open a little later for you. We do strive to offer outstanding customer service and I am pleased to hear that you had a positive experience in that regard. The front desk was certainly pleased to learn you enjoyed their efforts!

I am sorry to hear that you found your bed uncomfortable. We have recently begun upgrading our beds to include pillow-top mattresses and I hope that next time you visit us you will find your bed more to your liking. We do have a number of different options in this regard, including double beds, queen sized, king sized, and even our family rooms with bunk beds for the kids, so I do think we'll be able to find something to suit your needs.

We endeavor to offer value in ways beyond simply the price of our hotel rooms. Our hotel includes a range of complementary amenities that is unparalleled in Fernie, including many unique offerings such as our public kitchen, movie theatre, games room, guest laundry, and more, as well as free wifi, complimentary breakfast snack, our pool and spa, and others. All of these amenities are included in our room rates, which we feel are extremely competitive with those of other hotels in Fernie. In addition, we do offer discount rates for returning guests - I hope you will take advantage of this on your next trip through town!

Thanks again for your comments and I'm glad you liked our hotel!