“Free Washer and Dryer”
Review of Red Tree Lodge

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Fernie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 September 2013

...and bike storage room, movie theater, fast WiFi, good free coffee, pool, and one block away from good Indian food. The woman at the front desk was very helpful. If you prefer to keep your bike in the room with you, you must fill out a form and agree to avoid getting oil and dirt on the carpet. The rooms are clean and good: refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, tub, comfortable beds.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there's a fitness center, didn't look for one, but the lodge caters to s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Hi Jesseagee,

Thanks for your great review! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed all our amenities here, and found the staff helpful. I'm glad you chose us for your stay and I hope we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Our experience here was good from the get go. We arrived from a trip on the Highway to the Sun, down to Kallispell and then on to Fernie. We did, however, arrive on the first day of the "Coal Miner's Safety and Rescue" convention. Not a room to be had, until we arrived on Christine's doorstep and she found two rooms for we seniors and a great rate. We enjoyed a continental-type breakfast the next morning and coffe, yogurt, fresh fruit as well as muffins were all gratis and much appreciated. The indicated that the restaurant was closed, but referred us to eateries in the downtown as well as on the strip. The rooms were clean, well stocked, with fridge, refrigerator, full screen TVs as well as wi-fi in the room. Another great stop on our post-longweekend road trip. We will be back when we are in the area. Hats off to Christine our Front Desk Agent ... Carl & Maureen

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Abacita
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Hi Carl & Maureen,

Thanks for your very kind feedback! I'm glad that you found us, and that Christine was able to take such good care of you. It's always great to hear that not only are our amenities in the hotel appreciated, but our staff are appreciated too! I'll make sure Christine sees your review and we'll look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Fernie.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I see that they accept travellers with dogs. Good price and the beds are so old and soft that the two of you sleep in the middle of the bed-no choice. Staff at front desk was friendly. The room was clean. TV is not a television screen but a small computer screen. They have a restaurant but it was never open.If someone suggest that I stay there again they'd be barking up the wrong tree.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello JD

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that we didn't live up to your expectations on your recent visit. As you noted, we are a Pet Friendly hotel and we do accept dogs (as well as other animals) in select rooms. Our restaurant is in fact closed (although it is available for rentals for weddings, and other functions) and so we don't advertise online that we have one. Our economy rooms do have smaller beds and televisions than our Standard and Superior rooms - if you return again you may find one of those room types to be more to your liking. As you said our staff are very friendly and we'd be happy to show the rooms to you! And of course as a returning guest you would qualify for our Repeat Guest discount as well.

I hope you'll give us another chance!

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Wonderful service and perfectly cleaned rooms! This is saying a lot from a B&B manager and a former hotel maintenance and housekeeping manager We will be back next time in Fernie!

We also enjoyed the hot tub :)

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank scja8
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Hello scjt309!

Thanks! Our housekeeping team does a wonderful job and I'm glad they were able to wow you on your recent stay. The front desk staff loves to meet our guests and I find it really shows in our service. I look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We have a small dog that we travel with and often have difficulty finding places to stay. Not only does this hotel accept dogs but it left a wonderful little care package for Bella with her name on it. It was a wonderful gesture. As for the human side of things, the bed was very comfortable and the price was good. It is a short walk to the main shopping street of Fernie and there is a barbeque and kitchen at the hotel that you can use if you want to cook for yourself. We go to hundreds of hotels and i would definitely go back to this one. The staff were also friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Hello 2Pears,

Thanks for your review! I'm glad you and Bella enjoyed your stay with us. I'm very proud of my staff and I know they'll be happy to hear that you found everyone so friendly. Next time you visit, make sure to inquire about our Repeat Guest discount.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Nice hotel, great for our little schnauzer as they welcomed him into their pet friendly room with a little surprise for him! Our room was large and clean. All in all a great place to stay! We didn't get a balcony as the pet friendly rooms don't have them.

Room Tip: If you ask for a pet friendly room you will not get a balconey and I really love having a balconey!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TLively

Hi TLively!

Thanks for your great review! I'm glad you and your little schnauzer enjoyed your stay and I hope you choose us again next time you visit Fernie!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This motel is on the main street of a small mountain town. Personal experience inevitably colours ones views (where would Tripadvisor be without it!), so arriving in the midst of a power cut affecting the whole town wasn't our best introduction. But a friendly welcome, quick check-in and flashlight allowed early entry to our rooms. Mine had had previous smoking guests, but it had been a long drive so I didn't try to change it. When the lights came back on, the room was revealed as spacious and acceptably clean, but rather cheerless and needing some attention to minor repairs and decoration. The restaurant was closed, but a breakfast of yoghurt, fruit, muffins and good coffee was available in the lobby in the morning. Not a place to linger, but acceptable for an overnight stop.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
RedTree_Staff, Front Office Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Hello Jasperco

Thanks for choosing the Red Tree Lodge and for your feedback. It is very unfortunate to have arrived in the midst of a power outage here in Fernie and I do understand that would colour your impression of the hotel. I'm glad we were able to get you settled quickly and while the loan of a flashlight can't remedy the outage completely, I am happy it was appreciated. I'm sorry to hear that your rooms smelled smoky - we are a non-smoking building and don't allow smoking in any of our rooms. I will speak with housekeeping to ensure that if that rule is disregarded in the future, they know to follow our procedures to deep-clean the room. I'm glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and I hope you'll return and stay with us again.