“A Haven for Skiers and Snowboarders!”
Review of Red Tree Lodge

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Fernie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 December 2013

What would a snowboarder need at their hotel?

- Ski/board lockers - check
- Boot room - check
- Plenty of hooks in all the bedrooms to hang your wet gear - check
- FREE laundry machines for your gear/clothes - check
- Hot tub/sauna to sooth your aching muscles - check
- Huge cheap breakfast at the (brand new) restaurant to start your morning - check

What more could a snowboarder ask for? Oh, I know!

- Games room with free foosball and pool - check
- Swimming pool (under repair while we were there, not that we have the time or here withal to swim after boarding) - check
- Mini movie theatre - check

Awesome place guys. We'll be back soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

- Great guests - check!

Thanks for your review, GoTron! I'm glad to hear you liked the Lodge and all the facilities we offer here. We'll see you next time you're in Fernie!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We love Red Tree Lodge! We stayed by chance one time and now we book back whenever we can. We like that you have a communal kitchen area and that you even have a high chair. This was unexpected and much appreciated with our infant. the swimming pool and games area is fantastic as well. What a gem hidden away. Rooms are basic but totally comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Hi Kristie!

Thanks for your kind words; it's always great to hear from our guests! I'm glad you like our kitchen, and you'll be happy to hear that we have just completed a renovation of our games room as well. Watch our website for new pictures, coming soon! When you return again, please remember to ask about our returning guest discount.

See you again soon,

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed there due to the fact that our other relatives were already there. They said it was good but we soon decided that for ourselves. First of all we were in for a funeral and they had no rates to offer...which is sad that they don't offer anything! Our first night was horrible the bed in the family room was very soft and lumpy. The next day was the funeral and there was no hot water til almost 1 hour before the service. The manager didn't believe us and had to come into the room to feel it himself then later explained it was there fault they shut off a valve and forgot to turn it on! The next day we asked for the room to made up and came back later to my stuff gone through and beds not done but at least the garbage was taken! The next morning my daughter went down to get the usual muffins and fruit/yogurt and the front desk lady accosted her and told her to only take what she can eat not take anything extra! My daughter told her she was getting enough for everyone back in the room and the girl told her she would be watching her! She came back scared and distraught! I told her that if she wanted to get some hot chocolate to go get it and she said she was too scared now as the girl was very mean! I spoke to the manager and his response was vague and non responsive to any complaints but let us know next time we come back he would make sure our stay was good! I also brought up that my daughter fell through the hot tub grate and hurt her foot and he lied and said he asked her if she was alright but he never did as well the pool was disgusting! I wouldn't even recommend this lodge to my ex!

• Stayed: November 2013
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Hello Tlaw31,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. It does sound like there was some misunderstanding about the things we offer here and so I'd like to try and clear them up.

To address your first concern - we do offer bereavement rates to our guests, like yourselves, who are joining us under unfortunate circumstances. Your stay was significantly discounted from our standard rates, which our guests find to offer great value.

We did have a plumber working in the building during one day of your stay. I came to your room to hear first-hand about the issue you were having with your hot water and fix it immediately. As you are aware, within minutes of reporting the problem, it was resolved. We try to schedule this work for the middle of the day as it generally affects our guests the least that way, but I understand that the timing wasn't ideal in your situation - I am very sorry about that.

Our complimentary "Breakfast Snack" was on offer during your stay as our restaurant was closed at the time. This snack was designed to offer our guests something small to start their day off, and we are always happy to recommend other options for those who would prefer something more substantial, or to eat later on in the day. Fortunately Stanton's Local Cookhouse is now open for business and offering much better breakfast options for our guests.

I'm very proud of the wide array of amenities we are able to offer our guests, all at no additional charge. Our hot tub, sauna, pool, cinema, library, guest kitchen, games room, and more are all very popular, so I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy what the Lodge has to offer. Following your experience I have personally spoken with our maintenance and housekeeping team to ensure that we continue to provide the best experience possible to our guests.

If you do choose to give the Red Tree Lodge another chance, I'm confident you would enjoy an experience more typical to our many happy and returning guests. I wish you and your family safe travels in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Spent 14 weeks living in the Red tree lodge for a winter and had an amazing experience. The staff were excellent and very friendly, as were all Canadians! Great food, and facilities as well! The cleaners even got my ice hockey jersey signed by the local Fernie Ghostriders team

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ghostrider92
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Hi ghostrider92!

Thanks for your review! Its great to hear from you. I'll be sure to pass on to the housekeepers (and everyone else) about your review and make sure they know you mentioned them. I hope we'll see you again this winter - go Riders!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Super friendly staff, a lounge and kitchen completely kitted out, great value, and great location. We were totally happy with our stay. Check in was a breeze, WiFi fast, and delicious muffins. It is a pleasant, quiet spot despite the highway out front.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Hi Mike

I'm really glad to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us! It's great that you liked the kitchen and other amenities, and I'll make sure that my team hears comment about how friendly everyone was. I hope we'll see you again soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This lodge was the first time I had seen a common kitchen set up with 2 stoves, 2 microwaves, 2 dishwashers & 2 sets of sinks (no fridges) set up in a room for all to use. Our room had a microwave & small fridge. Staff friendly & more than happy to give us a tour of the different rooms available. Although this lodge is not new it is well kept with comfortable beds. The breakfast that was available constisted of muffins & coffee. The restaurant on site is closed & when not traveling during the off season, we found the dining choices very limited.

1  Thank Look4-2
RedTree_Staff, General Manager at Red Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Hello Look4-2,

Thanks for your review! I'm glad you liked the hotel and especially our guest kitchen. It is unique amenity that we have which I think offers a tremendous value to our guests. Our staff are very friendly and I'm glad you had a chance to pick out a room that was suited for your needs. While our restaurant is currently closed, I am looking forward to it re-opening this winter and I hope you'll return and have a chance to try it out.

Until your next visit,

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Warmly greeted when we arrived, very clean room with nice furnishings and equiped with everything we needed, within walking distance of our favourite restaurants, coffee shops and downtown. Highly recommend (and we will be back).

Hi Jill,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to hear you had a good stay with us and would recommend us so highly. I hope we'll see you again soon!