“Awesome”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Awesome”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Enjoyed the late night hot tub and the amazing early morning breakfast. Pretty much what one would expect. Enjoyed the breakfast and hot tub more than expected. Liked the convenience of WiFi in the room.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of the road have a nice view of the river and the hills
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Hasibtk
Super8Fernie, Owner at Super 8 Fernie, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Hello Hasibtk

Thank-you for the awesome review. It great to hear you enjoyed our hot tub and breakfast. We really appreciate the review and we hope to see you back some day.

See you along the way

Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Okanagan
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed at the Super 8 Fernie during a recent mountain bike race. The property is typical Super 8, rooms were clean, basic, but comfortable. The exterior of the building was in good shape. Lobby area was good, front desk fellow was friendly. The breakfast in the am is what you would expect, not fancy but fine. I don't particularly like seeing the front desk personnel and their friends on the deck adjacent to the lobby out smoking, this is probably my main concern about this property. Otherwise, good accommodation for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank T T
Super8Fernie, Owner at Super 8 Fernie, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Hello TT

I have shared your concerns with all the staff and I promise staff will not be smoking on the deck ever again. This is not acceptable and I appreciate you letting me know about it. We are a 100% smoke free environment at Fernie Super 8 and staff need to promote that.

Other than that unfortunate instance it is nice to hear the rest of your stay met your expectations and we do hope you come back next year for the Trans Rockies again. We have just installed a new bike wash station for added convenience.

Thank-you again

Renton
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Very clean and quiet. Would stay there again. Beautiful scenery.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Kenneth O
Super8Fernie, Owner at Super 8 Fernie, responded to this review, 12 August 2013

Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in beautiful Fernie. I hope the rest of your trip went wella and we hope to see you back for the ski season.
Grand Bend, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We were very surprized how clean, neat and they have agreat breakfast. Personnel were very nice and polite. Great place to stay compared to some other places we stayed, on our travels the last month. I would recommend this hotel for sure.
Lena Lawrence & Phil Keegan

Room Tip: We did not use the pool or need room service, but by the looks of this establishment I am sure they...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Super8Fernie, Owner at Super 8 Fernie, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Hello Lena

Wonderful, it’s great to hear the good feedback on our breakfast and I'm very happy you feel confident recommending us to other travelers. Thank-you for taking the time to write such a nice review.
Edmonton
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Hotel is pretty much as you'd expect a Super 8 to be (clean, comfortable, but not exactly opulent), but I found the front desk staff to be exceptional. I e-mailed to change my reservation to a pet-friendly room, and they replied very quickly and took care of my request. I also forgot an item of clothing in the room, and again, the front desk responded quickly to my email and arranged to send it back to me Greyhound COD. I was surprise to receive five-star customer service at a budget hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8Fernie, Owner at Super 8 Fernie, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Hello Lee492

Thank-you for your kind words. Fernie Super 8 may not be a five star establishment but we will always try our best to please our guests. From sending forgotten items home to making reservations for diner or just calling a cab, my staff and I do our absolute best to ensure a wonderful experience during your Fernie vacation.