“An excellent first B&B stay”

Blackstone Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 12 Fernie B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My wife and I planned a visit to the Fernie area for a couple days of mountain biking and hiking. We stumbled across the Blackstone Lodge online and were intrigued. We were initially a bit skeptical as we had never stayed in a B&B. The Blackstone is not at all what I expected a B&B to be like. The lodge itself is warm, inviting, and perfectly modern. The rooms and entire lodge were spotless and well decorated (especially the local photography hanging throughout).The owner/host was extremely welcoming and provided great advice on local recreation and food. The breakfast was absolutely amazing each day! I would highly recommend a stay at the Blackstone Lodge when in the Fernie area. We are already planning a return visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I had never stayed in a bed and breakfast before last week, and was a little nervous to try one for my first time. As soon as I walked into the house all my fears disappeared. Ian greeted us at the door and showed us around the house. The whole kitchen is open for all guests and they give you full access to the fridge, oven, microwave, and much more. The view all around the house is great especially in the back where you can see the mountains from the hot tub and from the room we stayed in. There is a T.V. room, with a giant television which even made me consider watching TV on my vacation. The bedrooms were great, very comfortable and quiet. We had a balcony where we sat to enjoy the scenery.

The breakfasts were incredible. Ian knows a lot about nutrition and tries to make breakfasts that are delicious as well as healthy. The portions are so huge that I was full for hours. Ian and Charlotte are very nice people and are very social which make for a very pleasant stay. They are knowledgeable of the area and provided us with dozens of options for hikes throughout Fernie.

People who I tell about my experience here tell me that they have never heard of a bed and breakfast like this before. It felt very homey to the point where I felt as if I could just leave the bedroom door open when we were not around. I would definitely go back again and recommend it to who ever plans on vacationing here or passing through for the day. Thanks for the experience Ian and Charlotte!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam R
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was the B&B we stayed at in Fernie. Unbelievable! We had run of the new full log home, media room, great room with floor to ceiling stone fireplace, modern kitchen, decks, BBQ, unreal king bedrooms and ensuites - done to the 9's (+). Ian (owner/host) was entirely unobtrusive, yet completely attentive to detail. A fellow skier/mountain biker and athlete, he was a great host and can cook breakfasts like no one I have met. My race partner and I stayed here for the first 3 days of the TransRockies mountain bike race and we were well-fuelled daily! This place is unreal - I was sorry to leave. Beautiful property, beautiful custom log home, run by great people. Stay here if you can when visiting Fernie!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JoelJohnston
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We recently stayed at Blackstone Lodge, from the moment we arrived to our departure our stay was 5 Stars. If I could give them 10 stars I would. Ian (the owner) met us at the door when we arrived, gave us a tour and made us feel right at home. Our rooms were beautiful with breathtaking views of the local mountains, the bed was very comfortable and the bathrooms were spotless with European fixtures. Your stay includes the use of the downstairs common area which is a great room with fireplace, leather sofas, Full kitchen, BBQ, Jacuzzi and deck. The house is basically yours to enjoy. We were there meeting family and were able to visit as if staying in our own home. In the morning we were provided a scrumptious breakfast made with care. Dietary concerns were all taken into consideration when our meal was prepared. If you stay in Fernie there is no place else that can compare to this. Children are welcome.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We recently stayed with Ian and Charlotte twice while en route to and from Jasper National Park. This will be the third time we have stayed at Blackstone. Ian and Charlotte and such down-to-earth and talkative people - we are very comfortable around them. The breakfast is very plentiful with an emphasis on healthy - with plenty of fruit. The rooms are very comfortable and of course you can't beat the views. All this at a very reasonable price. We would recommend the Blackstone to anyone traveling through the Fernie area.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We found the Blackstone Bed & Breakfast on the internet as we crossed into British Columbia. Although we weren't able to make a reservation on-line, we had put the address into our GPS and drove to it. When we got there, no one was home but there was a note on the door with a phone #. We called and spoke to Ian, the owner who told us to go on in and make ourselves at home. The beautiful log house was built for a b&b with 4 upstairs rooms each with a balcony and a mountain view. We had the "Three Sisters" room with a gorgeous view of the Three Sisters Mountains. We had the whole house to ourselves with wonderful accommodations. Breakfast the next morning was amazing with raspberry almond waffles topped with fresh fruit and yogurt. We would definitely recommend this place and will go back to it if we are ever in the area again.

Room Tip: We liked the view from the back of the house that had the "Three Sisters Mountains".
1  Thank Cincher
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed only one night but wished we could have stayed longer. You get more than a room, you get a large common area - especially great for groups. Beautiful contemporary log house high on the hill, excellent service and food, and friendly hosts. Thanks Ian and Charlotte (and Jesse). We highly recommend the Blackstone.