“You must try the hot chocolate !!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Fernie
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bean-to-Bar Chocolate Maker, Artisan Chocolatier, Italian Gelato Maker and Coffee Roaster.
Calgary, Alberta
“You must try the hot chocolate !!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Love this place , where you can grab a hot chocolate, made from fresh melted chocolate and hot whipped milk. Also do almond and soy milk. It s the best hot chocolate I have ever tasted ! Had to have two last time we were in Fernie. Absolutely fantastic ! Please support this small local business, which works so hard, all year round, to provide quality products. Thank you for coming to Fernie !!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Great chocolates, great gelato, great coffee!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I'll start by saying that I'm not a big chocolate eater personally, but I do like my coffee! Beanpod roast their coffee on the premises and it shows as it's wonderfully fresh.

With regards to the chocolates, my wife has had them a few times and absolutely loves them! She would rather eat less chocolate and buy them from the Beanpod than eat supermarket chocolate more often. The chocolate making kitchen is in the back of the store and can be seen through a glass wall. We were talking to James, one of the owners, the other day who told us that they are the only company in Canada that grind their beans the old fashioned way using machines that were built in the 1940s.

My vice is the gelato. They make it themselves, and they do a great job. Weirdly, my favourite is the rhubarb. What can I say?

They aren't cheap by any means, but this is one time when you do get what you pay for!

• Visited October 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Incredible Gelato”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

The chocolate is outstanding, the range of mixtures of flavours is fantastic and there seems to always be something new. However, I was floored by the gelato. It is often hard to find a gelato in Canada that can stand up to the gelato experiences of Italy, however, this certainly does. I had the caramel which was off the charts.

I also had the opportunity to chat with the owners while I was there and that was a truly fantastic experience. I love that many of the ingredients are locally sourced and you truly feel the love and passion that goes into the business.

I took home a whole bag for a tasting night and we were not disappointed with any of our choices. Wow- can't wait until our next trip to Fernie!!

• Visited March 2013
Camas
“wonderful chocolates”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

wide variety of chocolate with tastings. Took home some chocolate with jalapeno....great sweetness with a kick. check this place out.

Visited August 2013
Fernie
“Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Yummy. Delicious! Fabulous. And decadent. Loved the Mexican coffee especially. The affrogatto. And can't forget the gelatos!(all so fresh and outstanding)! Oh and the chocolates- unique flavours. Salted caramel,is the ultimate. There is nothing I and friends have had that has not been absolutely wonderful.

• Visited August 2013