“The stay was very good. The only mention I have is that...”

Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Fernie
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The stay was very good. The only mention I have is that other guests were very loud when coming home after midnight from a bar visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Our room was trashed when we arrived, no sheets on the bed, garbage cans full of beer bottles. Called front desk (it was after hours) and manager brought us sheets. We had to put them on the beds. Next day, got back from the mountain. and thankfully housekeeping did come. But a visit to the hot tub was disturbing. The hot tub is green with floating things. Luckily we got the dry sauna to work instead. Oh, and did I mention that the free WiFi dosen't work at all? Cant wait to check out tomorrow morning. im still scared the bathroom fan is going to fall out of the ceiling while im showering in the morning, but hey, at least the beds are comfortable.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I literally checked in 10 minutes ago and am so shocked by this motel that I needed to share. I was thinking ahead and booked this room back in December online. When making the booking, nowhere on the website did it ask if I wanted a pet-friendly room or that there were even any available. I arrived and found out we of course have been put in a pet-friendly room. Luckily, my boyfriend and I do not have any allergies but this raises serious concerns for those that might.

I am on a ski trip and all I've looked forward to after staying in hostels for the last few nights was having a bath. Well, that won't be happening. I truly don't think the bath has been washed in the past year. There was pubic hair and long dark hair lining the floor of the tub, as well as dirt and grime caked on the sides. I have never seen a hotel or motel so disgustingly filthy.

I didn't bother calling the front desk to rectify this problem as the gentleman who checked us in was completely unhelpful. He finished his conversation with his colleague after we walked in before turning to assist us. He then lacked all warmth and friendliness and made it feel as if we were inconveniencing him for causing him to do his job.

This is the most expensive place I am staying on my week-long trip, and am sad to say it is also by far the absolute worst. While I understand motels rarely deliver the best quality, I am so disappointed by all of this and will never again be staying at a Travelodge.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 4 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Would not recommend staying here. The rooms were dingy and smelled. The beds were uncomfortable, and it was hard to control the temperature of the room. We sweated all night. It was noisy from other guests and from the highway (and we were in the back portion of the hotel). A neighbor was smoking in their room, which stunk up our room horribly. We told the front desk, but as far as we could tell nothing was done. The smoking just got more worse later into the evening. Overall it was a horrible stay.

We had booked two nights, but went and stayed at the Super 8 the second night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Travellers also viewed these Fernie hotels
Powder Mountain Lodge
#15 of 22 in Fernie
Lizard Creek Lodge
Lizard Creek Lodge
#1 of 22 in Fernie

Been to Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites

Address: 401 Crowsnest Highway, Fernie, British Columbia V0B 1M0, Canada (Formerly Travelodge Three Sisters)
Region: Canada > British Columbia > Kootenay Rockies > Fernie
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Fernie
Price Range: £54 - £67 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites 2.5*
Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites Fernie offers the most value for your money. We offer clean spacious rooms, a Subway restaurant on-site, and free Wi-Fi throughout the property. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge 3 Sisters